News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for KylePKJP

KylePKJP Profile Photo
Member Name: KylePKJP
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

RIP John Pinette  Apr 6 2014, 08:57:27 PM
Sadly, yes, it is true. Such a loss!
RIP John Pinette  Apr 6 2014, 07:48:11 PM
Sad news of his passing. Loved his performance in Hairspary on tour (also on Bway), and he was a truly gifted comedian. He will be sorely missed.
Does anyone know why this week's B'way Grosses hasn't been posted?  Feb 17 2014, 09:00:15 PM
Life. Delays. Sh!t happens.
Rocky Previews  Feb 17 2014, 08:50:04 PM
ClydeBarrow - Stop being such a cvnt.

It's just a message board and - SHOCKER - you aren't really a Broadway Legend.
Clearly SweetLips doesn't know all the sacred rules and rituals of this mean girls blog so chill the fvck out! Have a nice day sh!thead.

New Phantom tour  Nov 16 2013, 07:37:40 AM
Have always loved Phantom since my 8th grade music teacher intorduced our class to it and then took us to Toronto to see the original Canadian company (including Colm Wilkinson, Rebecca Caine, Byron Nease and Neve Cambpell).

Have no interest in seeing this re-worked productiom but did see parts of a bootleg of the recent UK tour of the new show. At the end of Act 2 the chandelier does not fall but the act does end with the proscenium drmatically cracking and a "stage curtain" falling f

how to enhance?  Mar 18 2013, 12:56:51 PM
SupportiveMom... It sounds like your son was uneducated and went in expecting a PHISH concert. Are we supposed to feel soory for him for not getting it?

The amount of b*tching about this show when many posters have admitted not to seeing it is dispicable. Even those who have seen it would have been armchair critics and highlighted stuff they did not like about it.

It wouldn't have made it from LaJolla if it wasn't good, so quit your b*tching and let a show stand for once with

Karen Olivo is retiring from acting  Mar 18 2013, 12:44:21 PM
As much as many of you would like this to be about you, it is not. It has nothing to do with you. She really doesn't care about your opinion. She is leaving to repair herself and no BWW poster's advice is going to help or influence her.

Yes, she may be back in time. But right now, you are irrelevant and not even a thought in her mind. And when she comes back (if she does) if won't be for you, the fans. Otherwise, she would have given Rob the exclusive.

Now most of you, do

How does one solicit rights?  Mar 5 2013, 05:02:51 PM
I'd give a rough draft a go, regardless of posession of rights. As long as you keep it to yourself there is no harm. Give yourself a clearer idea of what your adaptation will be/look like/feel like etc. You might discover some roadblocks to achieving a finished piece, or you may simply find an adaptation didn't work, after all, the way you envisioned it.

If someone were to enquire about rights to something I had done I would want to have and hear from him/her a clear vision before I

How does one solicit rights?  Mar 5 2013, 04:47:01 PM
With the exception of contacting the author, agent or estate, I'd throw most of PatrickDennis's cold, cruel world reality check for you out the window.

Contact them. Hell, write your adaptation anyway and then contact them. If they ask to see you you'll have something in your hand to show. But do it. If you're not known to a wide audience or judged to be of someone else's idea of importance... who gives a sh*t? I don't think that means sh*t. Just go for it!!!

The absolute

Who will play Matilda?  Mar 1 2013, 06:06:30 PM
In all honesty, I don't know how one would go about determining this at such an early stage. Perhaps I don't have the bway experience or inside knowledge. I'd be more interested in who is being put on during the previews when critics are in the audience.

However, I'd assume that they've put these girls through their paces and each of the four would be perfect any night.

Who will play Matilda?  Mar 1 2013, 05:51:35 PM
I'm going to say the little girl who picks the number closest to 20... but the girls won't be able to say the number each of them picked in the alphabetical order of their last names, so... you know... it was fixed all along for that one little b*tch.

*EDITED to specifically state that I AM joking. It's the other little girl who's a b*tch.

Should I listen to the Book of Mormon cast recording before seeing it?  Mar 1 2013, 05:47:04 PM
You're not going to be hurt either way, really.

I listened to it and thoroughly enjoyed it but, with some material out of context (barely any dialogue in the OCR), felt I was a little lost.

When I did see it, and those holes were filled in, I found it all the more hysterical. I could go back and listen to the recording again and enjoy it even more.

I really don't think it will spoil anything for you but if you have the willpower hang on a bit longer.

*E

Performers You Used To Like, But Now...Not So Much.  Feb 24 2013, 06:17:16 PM
Going with Kelly2 BettyBoy re. Max Von Essen.
Another nude shot of him in yesterday's SIPs.
Dude sure has a starving for attention/confidence problem.
He seems like a douche. BUT I have never met him and he may very
well be a great guy.

Best(or worst) Act 1 closers?  Feb 24 2013, 06:01:01 PM
There were so many reasons to dislike the Phantom movie, and I get why they reworked the order for the one-act presentation of Phantom in Vegas, but I'm with GingerBreadMan on this. The chandelier crashing at the end of Act 1, and Masquerade opening Act 2 as both a celebration of New years Eve and six months of no peep from the Phantom, only to be broken by his re-appearance is perfect IMO.

However, depending when and where you saw Phantom, the chandelier coming down at the end of Act 1

BoM Q: How do they get their vests on?  Feb 24 2013, 05:41:50 PM
In the Broadway company, the Elders played by Ben Schrader and Justin Bohon were not on stage when Price and Cunningham arrived at the missionary residence in Uganda. There was only Rory O'Malley, Brian Sears, Jason Michael Snow, Kevin Duda, and Scott Burhardt. Bohon and Schrader are off stage until the second clap/blackout in Turn It Off.

The second blackout is slightly longer, and Schrader and Bohon brought out the vests and join the tap dance. I believe they go over the elders' h

Dreamcast  Feb 24 2013, 10:28:43 AM
Alfie Boe! This casting would be amazing.

I'd like to see Ramin move on to something else and explore some range. Same with Sierra.

I always thought the Thenardiers were supposed to be dark humour, more on the edge of scary. I love Jackie Hoffman, and would even like to see Susan Blackwell as Mme, but maybe they (definitely Jackie) are too farcial.

In all honesty, I'd like to see a cast of talent we haven't see yet.

Priscilla Queen of The Desert Tour- How is it?  Feb 24 2013, 04:51:50 AM
^Good point. I stand corrected. :)
Priscilla Queen of The Desert Tour- How is it?  Feb 24 2013, 04:29:44 AM
darreyl102 - I would think that Bryan's scaled back costumes aren't as revealing as Nick's because, well, Nick needs/craves the attention on his body. Bryan's performance stands excellently alone without the showoff aspect of Nick's costuming, IMHO.
Hands on a Hardbody previews thread  Feb 24 2013, 03:22:52 AM
Marvelous... you won't be disappointed. :)
OBC of Les Miz  Feb 24 2013, 03:19:41 AM
Frances Ruffelle stuck it to AEA for all the hassle they gave her about reprising her role on Broadway when she got the Tony.
Colm, as well was fantastic. But the cast as a whole didn't hold a candle to the OLC.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You