News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Claude understudies this week?

karennnnn
#1Claude understudies this week?
Posted: 9/6/11 at 1:14pm

Did anyone get to see Marshall/Larkin on as Claude this week? I've seen some praise on FB and Twitter but would love to hear a review.
Very cool that these two have gotten to go on, and while they were on Broadway no less!

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#2Claude understudies this week?
Posted: 9/6/11 at 1:21pm

I was able to see both of them. I saw Marshal for his first show at the Saturday matinee. You could definitely tell he was nervous, but he did a great job. He is definitely a baritone, but his tenor notes were really good still. He brought a lot of life to the role and it was nice to finally see someone new in the role besides Paris (who is amazing, but nice to see a fresh face). He definitely had a blast doing it and the cast definitely responded well and they were constantly watching him.

As for Larkin, he could easily be better than Paris. He has such an amazing voice and stage presence. It was hard to tell that he was either an understudy, or the fact that it was his first time doing the role in front of a paying audience.

If you would like to know anything specific, just ask!

karennnnn
#2Claude understudies this week?
Posted: 9/6/11 at 1:53pm

We've seen Paris as Claude 3 times now and when we were there in August I was sort of hoping for an understudy :) However there's nothing like that bromance he and Steel have. So on that note, what was the chemistry like with the other Claudes with Steel?
I'm more interested though in what it was like for them. I wonder if it was sort of seamless or if either of them got confused. I'm sure neither of them tried to disrobe at the end of Where Do I Go? but you know, when you're used to doing something else I would love to know what it's like to go on in someone else's track. I haven't seen Larkin at all except for peeking behind the curtain at the show in D.C. Might be easier for him to jump right in? I have no idea what I'm talking about.
I wonder what they did to Larkin's epic fro to keep that under control! I suppose he was wearing a cap and then had to get one wig taken off and then one put on for the end. I saw a picture of him in the short hair. How cute is he?!
I would love to see the show at least one more time but can't get back to NY to do it unfortunately. I am hoping to go see it in Philly but by March/April I wonder how many changes will be made?

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#3Claude understudies this week?
Posted: 9/6/11 at 3:02pm

Walked by the theater Saturday after the matinee and saw all of the Marshal as Claude slips on the ground. As well as covers for Chrissy and Dionne. How were they?

Videos