News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for karennnnn

Member Name: karennnnn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Oddest things you've heard from non theatre people
 Jul 14 2018, 08:51:27 PM

I have a casual friend who is a classical musician and has played in an orchestra for probably over 20 years.

He sent me a message on FB the other day saying he was happy to see I was at a opera house and hoped I was seeing an opera.  I wrote back and said, no, next time.  But that I was seeing Hamilton.

This is what he said...

Well enjoy anyway. I can't complain about you going to see live music. Of course at that show they probably use recorded music...But

Kennedy Center Cancellation Line for Hammy
 Jul 8 2018, 11:24:49 AM

Oh, you know!  Hammy!  The show about pigs that fly.

Kidding; we're talking about Hamilton.

They are doing a lotto for the KC run.  I'm entering daily via the Hamilton app.  I didn't know they did SRO; are those seats only available the day of the performance or can you buy them ahead of time?

Jul 7 2018, 09:22:45 PM

Oh that really sucks.

I'll stick to playing the lotto every day and planning another trip to NY in the next year or so.

Would have been nice to see it here at home, but the pricing, etc. has been pretty ridiculous.  I was pleasantly surprised to see how easy and relatively reasonable tickets are in NY if you just plan way in advance and take your time looking for tickets.  I was stunned and so excited when we saw it a few months ago that I know I didn't fully a

Jul 7 2018, 06:55:38 PM

Hi all!

Apologies if this has been addressed; I've only been able to find one small reply regarding a cancellation line for the Kennedy Center.

Apparently there is one, but what are the ticket prices like?  Is it the same as in NY where we've essentially got two prices; one of which is premium and one of which is "regular"?

And what might those prices be??

Hamilton
 May 31 2018, 10:49:02 AM

We've been using Airbnb for a few years now when visiting the city and have had a lot of luck with it.  

The majority of folks who rent out their rooms/apartments are also very eager to help with advice regarding sightseeing, etc.

I would suggest looking at places in Hell's Kitchen, which is within walking distance to Times Square/Hamilton.  I've seen many places listed for the TS area as well, but the surrounding neighborhoods in my opinion are better

Hairspray in Concert Question
 Dec 11 2012, 11:44:28 AM
We have tickets. It's described as "semi-staged". If you do a little googling there's a wee bit more info but I'm gathering that everyone will be in full costume and that scenes will be recreated for whichever songs they do.
Should be awesome! Can't wait to see John Waters and I hear Marissa Perry is a great Tracy.

Claude understudies this week?
 Sep 6 2011, 01:53:51 PM
We've seen Paris as Claude 3 times now and when we were there in August I was sort of hoping for an understudy :) However there's nothing like that bromance he and Steel have. So on that note, what was the chemistry like with the other Claudes with Steel?
I'm more interested though in what it was like for them. I wonder if it was sort of seamless or if either of them got confused. I'm sure neither of them tried to disrobe at the end of Where Do I Go? but you know, when you're used to doi

Claude understudies this week?
 Sep 6 2011, 01:14:02 PM
Did anyone get to see Marshall/Larkin on as Claude this week? I've seen some praise on FB and Twitter but would love to hear a review.
Very cool that these two have gotten to go on, and while they were on Broadway no less!

stage door tips and etiquitte
 Aug 15 2011, 11:33:54 AM
Don't skip out on the dance party at the end of Hair!
After the bows, the cast puts up railings and that's when you make your way up to the stage.
It's not a time to get your playbill signed, but you can certainly talk to some of the cast up there. That aside, it's a fun experience not to be missed.
They're all very nice and very gracious.
Facing the theatre, the stage door is on the right side. For some reason we didn't see it and we were standing in the wrong place, at the

Hair on TDF!
 Aug 12 2011, 08:54:04 PM
Kind of curious myself about the TDF seats, so BUMP!
I don't know what it's like during the week, but we were there last weekend for the Saturday matinee and the house was packed.
There's a groupon right now for $35/2 balcony or mezz seats. Last I checked about 1200 had been sold. At this point I'm a snob when it comes to this show and don't want to see it unless I have an aisle orchestra seat Can't miss the chance of having one of those hippies sit in your lap.

Hair Matinee on 8/6 anyone???
 Aug 10 2011, 03:53:38 PM
Thanks, blaxx.. From what I've seen here and a few other places, I suppose we have a healthy relationship with this show!! I don't know that we'll be able to catch it again in NY which is a shame, but we'll try Philly in March perhaps. Hopefully it doesn't snow
 Aug 8 2011, 03:01:26 PM
There is so much to think about during the show.. how relevant it is and was, among other things. It's hard to quiet your mind sometimes so you can embrace the show for what it is, but once you get to the end it all comes back and well, you go into the ugly cry. My daughter gets teary at the end too but also told me that she gets upset when Berger shoves Claude. It's interesting what they pick up on.
When we bought our tickets for the DC show we visited the Vietnam War Memorial. I know

Aug 8 2011, 02:37:53 PM
Yes that was us!! Thank you so much :)
We were hoping that Caren could have brought her daughter, who's a little younger than ours, but she was telling me that the theatre had a policy of her needing a ticket and it couldn't happen.
At the risk of sounding like a crazy person, we've seen the show four times now.
When Hair was on the Tony's in 2009, my daughter was mesmerized. So we started listening to the music and talking about what the show meant. For about a year this went on

Aug 8 2011, 01:15:14 PM
Was anyone at the mat on Saturday?
I'm looking for pics or videos of the be-in. My little girl was up there front and center with her hippies and my husband thought he was recording/photographing but he wasn't. UGH!

The show was great as usual. I can't get over the chemistry that Paris and Steel have. They are hilarious and heartbreaking and the whole nine. I wouldn't mind being an usher to see that happen every day. Sigh.
And I have to also say that Caren Tackett is the s

Hair Tour?
 Nov 20 2010, 04:15:15 PM
Sorry, double post!
Hair Tour?
 Nov 20 2010, 04:15:12 PM
We were at the matinee last Saturday and a TON of people came in late. I'm glad we got there early. Phew!
We were in the front row and the two seats next to us (next to the aisle) were empty for a half hour or so.
Because of that, we had Jeannie and Hud sit next to us for a few minutes, high fives and what not. I tried looking around the theatre, especially during Hare Krishna, to see what other interaction happened but I didn't see much either. Guess it's not just me! Claude and B

Hair Tour?
 Nov 19 2010, 06:14:05 PM
So has anyone seen it?
Saw it last weekend and had a great time. It was my first time sitting in the front row and what a different experience!!!! Got lots of love from the hippies being that close up.
I think my only gripe is that I wish that there was a younger Sheila. Caren has an amazing voice and there's nothing inherently wrong with her performance, but she just doesn't seem to fit. It could be that I'm just used to SEEING someone different play the part, but I've heard the sam

HAIR Tour Cast is Starting to Come Together!
 Sep 30 2010, 12:34:42 PM
Finally. Geez!!!
I'm thrilled. Good cast, and I'm so happy to finally get to see some of the originals. Didn't make it to NYC in time before the hippies went to London.
Katie Kayian and Calian Rose are like twins though. It'll be like two Crissies!!!

Sep 29 2010, 11:33:05 AM
Bump!
So????

Aug 12 2010, 11:39:58 AM
Jesse Snider tweeted something to the effect of "I just met with some folks in NYC regarding the Hair national tour."
I was thinking maybe Claude too, but he seems more of a Berger. Or even Woof. I guess if he does Claude at least he has the right haircut :)
It would be great to see Jay Johnson play Claude though.
I can't wait to hear who the rest of the cast is!! Hope to see it here in D.C.
Too bad there's no TKTS stand for the Kennedy Center.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You