pixeltracker

Bonnie & Clyde deserves better- Page 4

Bonnie & Clyde deserves better

ghostlight2
#75Bonnie & Clyde deserves better
Posted: 12/14/11 at 3:24pm

"while I am aware of said law, there are sometimes when people act and/or say things that DO resemble the Fuehrer quite well and an association is quite appropriate. Would you rather I compare his statement to the Soviet regime? The Spanish Inquisition? Any totalitarian government? Would that suit this more? I think not."

I think not, either. Any of those would be equally as absurdly hyperbolic. I think it's also silly as hell to call any kind of request or even a demand on a mere message board an "act of repression".

Help, help! I'm being repressed! Updated On: 12/14/11 at 03:24 PM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#76Bonnie & Clyde deserves better
Posted: 12/14/11 at 4:48pm

You take a risk, much like an investor on Wall Street, when you take a job in a new show.

And why do people take risks? Hoping the risk will pay off. Optimism and realism are not mutually exclusive. Investors of a show are like investors on Wall Street. Actors a like contract employees of the subject company. Nobody is saying actors are unaware of this.

An actor never "loses his job", their temporary contract is up and they move on to the next. No actor is ever offered a job of open employment. Imagine the lawsuits.

Nice work with the semantics, but nobody was arguing that.

Like I said, if you want job security, get hired at Wicked or Phantom. Yes, risk is still present, though small. It's the same as someone decided to invest in Apple and not the brand new start-up computer company.

Worst attempt at an analogy I've seen in a long time. It's not the same. At all. But keep trying! You might eventually spin the argument into something even you believe.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

roadmixer
#77Bonnie & Clyde deserves better
Posted: 12/14/11 at 7:38pm

"He made a disgusting statement about how people should be able to speak, but only on his terms. Sorry to be offended by his act of repression on opinions that are not his own."

And calling someone Hitler is somehow not disgusting? Please.

I thought about starting my rebuttal with "listen you sack of ****..." but I thought that might be too strong. Have a nice day.

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#78Bonnie & Clyde deserves better
Posted: 12/14/11 at 7:53pm

Bonnie & Clyde deserves better

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES