MY ONE AND ONLY

lupone76
#25MY ONE AND ONLY
Posted: 10/5/12 at 11:17am

Definitely one of my favorites as a child. I was about 6 years old and oh, was I in awe. So much so that I dragged my parents back to see it 4 more times.
bobs, no such thing as second acting these days. I remember up until the early 90's when I was in high school it was so easy to crash the second act. Now days, those ushers make sure you come back from intermission with your ticket in hand. Updated On: 10/5/12 at 11:17 AM

bobs3
#26MY ONE AND ONLY
Posted: 10/5/12 at 3:37pm

Wow. No such thing as second acting anymore. When I was a student at NYU in the early to mid 1980s that is how me and most of my friends saw shows on Broadway. Well, I guess all good things come to an end.

PitPro2004 Profile Photo
PitPro2004
#27MY ONE AND ONLY
Posted: 10/8/12 at 10:56am

I always thought Twiggy was just in sheer terror over the fact that she was dancing with one of the kings of tap back then. I think I would be too.

I did this show in Europe back in the 90's and fell in love with it. Wish it would be done more. Perhaps now that shows like Glee and So You Think You Can Dance are on tv, maybe it will encourage more folks to check out other styles and bring back the great Gershwin tap shows.

PS...we are WAY overdue for a Crazy For You revival.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium!"