pixeltracker

A LONELY VOICE - new video of song from London workshop of epic new musical MY LAND'S SHORE

A LONELY VOICE - new video of song from London workshop of epic new musical MY LAND'S SHORE

bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
#1A LONELY VOICE - new video of song from London workshop of epic new musical MY LAND'S SHORE
Posted: 1/29/13 at 7:28pm

I thought that maybe members of the Broadway Board would like to see this video "teaser" from the recent London workshop production of the epic new musical MY LAND'S SHORE (by Christopher J. Orton & myself) at RADA Studios.

"My Land's Shore" is a tale of conflict, social injustice, moral dilemmas, love, guilt and heartbreak. Set during the infamous Merthyr Rising in Wales in 1831, the musical re-tells the story of Richard Lewis (aka Dic Penderyn), an ordinary man of conviction and integrity borne along by the wheels of history in extraordinary times who became the first martyr of the Welsh working class.

A Studio Cast recording was released by SimG Records in February 2012 (available from http://www.mylandsshoremusical.com , on amazon.com & on iTunes). Songwriters Stiles and Drewe (Mary Poppins, Honk!) described the My Land's Shore score as "soaring, passionate and hauntingly melodic".

The video footage now available on youtube features a montage of scenes from the workshop production (with a cast led by West End stars David Hunter, Hal Fowler, Rebecca Trehearn, Kelly Anne Gower, Will Barratt, Aled Powys Williams, Lisa Ann Wood, Matthew Barrow & Ryan Gibb). The audio you will hear is the song "A Lonely Voice" with solo vocals by the incredible Will Barratt (The Phantom Of The Opera, Sweeney Todd).

If you like what you see & hear, please spread the word and support the on-going journey of this new piece of musical theatre writing: TELL THE WORLD THAT WE WILL BE A LONELY VOICE NO MORE!
Youtube: A LONELY VOICE from MY LAND'S SHORE

THEATRE 2020: CURTAINS**** LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE GIRLS***** WICKED***** KEITH RAMSAY TAKING NOTES WITH EDWARD SECKERSON***** KAYLEIGH MCKNIGHT CONCERT***** RAGS***** ON MCQUILLAN'S HILL** DEAR EVAN HANSEN***** THE JURY***

bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
#2A LONELY VOICE - new video of song from London workshop of epic new musical MY LAND'S SHORE
Posted: 1/29/13 at 7:30pm

The cast and writers of the workshop production of MY LAND'S SHORE at the RADA Studios, London on January 18th, 2013:

THEATRE 2020: CURTAINS**** LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE GIRLS***** WICKED***** KEITH RAMSAY TAKING NOTES WITH EDWARD SECKERSON***** KAYLEIGH MCKNIGHT CONCERT***** RAGS***** ON MCQUILLAN'S HILL** DEAR EVAN HANSEN***** THE JURY***

bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
#2A LONELY VOICE - new video of song from London workshop of epic new musical MY LAND'S SHORE
Posted: 2/7/13 at 4:52am

Here's the latest teaser of video footage from the MY LAND'S SHORE workshop production at RADA studios in London, with vocals by the amazing Rebecca Trehearn (Ghost, Love Story, Aspects Of Love, We Will Rock You), singing "The Way Things Are".

If you like what you see and hear from MY LAND'S SHORE, please go to the My Land's Shore Facebook page and "like" it:
http://www.facebook.com/mylandsshore
youtube: Rebecca Trehearn: THE WAY THINGS ARE from MY LAND'S SHORE

bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
#3A LONELY VOICE - new video of song from London workshop of epic new musical MY LAND'S SHORE
Posted: 2/10/13 at 6:20am

Here's another video of a song from MY LAND'S SHORE that I thought members of the Broadway board may enjoy - AIR FOR A WISE CELTIC FOOL, performed at the Actors' Church, Covent Garden, London last October by West End star Killian Donnelly (currently playing Tony in BILLY ELLIOT, previously Raoul in THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA & Enjolras in LES MISERABLES - and also, of course, was Combefierre in the movie of LES MISERABLES).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0HnLM0jFfA&list=UUBRYBYiqHAZVYzZx_n2Mnew&index=6

(btw the audio recording of Killian Donnelly singing Air For A Wise Celtic Fool is available on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/air-for-wise-celtic-fool-single/id565393608 )

Any feedback about this song and the others in the thread will be very welcome and helpful in the continued development of this major new musical.