Palace and Marquis.....

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#25Palace and Marquis.....
Posted: 12/23/13 at 10:00am

I just got back from the City and the Marquis is indeed undergoing a MAJOR (and much needed) renovation.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#26Palace and Marquis.....
Posted: 12/23/13 at 12:23pm

Much needed? I wouldn't say that. I wouldn't say that at all. That house is in relatively good shape. The only reason why it is having any work done to it at all is because the building/hotel itself is undergoing renovations and the freight elevators needed for a production's load-in/load-out are not available.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#27Palace and Marquis.....
Posted: 12/23/13 at 12:29pm

That is really what I was referring too, CapnHook Palace and Marquis.....

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS