Chess the Musical

#25Chess the Musical
Posted: 11/2/14 at 7:50pm

anyone?

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#26Chess the Musical
Posted: 11/2/14 at 9:01pm

The Best recording hands down is the danish version (Sung in English) -- It is the most complete and wonderful. And the cast is fabulous.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#27Chess the Musical
Posted: 11/3/14 at 6:33am

I just watched the 2009 concert again and I really love that version.

Everyone is fantastic (at least on the night of this recording).

You can't beat the orchestra and choir.

I've taken to playing the audio recording of the concert instead of the original now.

Not crazy about the new song for Molotov at the start of Act II though. It just goes on far too long.

....but the world goes 'round

Mattbrain
#28Chess the Musical
Posted: 11/3/14 at 7:19am

Actually, The Soviet Machine was in the original London production.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#29Chess the Musical
Posted: 11/3/14 at 7:40am

Whatever.

It was still too long and unnecessary, imo.

....but the world goes 'round