News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mattbrain

Mattbrain Profile Photo
Member Name: Mattbrain
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release  Feb 2 2021, 02:50:09 PM

Back in 2017, he had a neurological disorder that initially rendered him unable to speak clearly or sing, But he’s recovered since then, thank God,

COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release  Feb 2 2021, 02:21:00 PM

“And I don't think Rodney Hicks is performing anymore (or can)."

He’s had extensive therapy and is doing much better.

The Minutes - Moving Theatres  Nov 16 2020, 11:49:58 AM

If this Late Late Show interview from last month is anything to go by, Armie Hammer and the rest of the original cast are still committed.

Les Mis Understudy Attack  Aug 24 2020, 08:41:12 PM

Everything you’ve said is correct except for one detail. The show was actually Evita. Patti LuPone mentions it in her memoir.

On 6/9 Patti Said Company Won't Start In September  Jun 10 2020, 11:11:56 AM

fosterfan2 said: "I found this interview to be a real downer. I was hoping Company and other shows would be back by next spring-March or April. Hopefully,Patti was just having a bad day. Quarantine will certainly do that."

An interview with Patti LuPone that's a downer? You don't say * rolls eyes *

Cameron Mackintosh Says No Theatre Till 2021  May 3 2020, 02:16:52 PM

I listened to the interview and, as prepared as I am for a 2021 reopening to be the scenario, I never actually heard him say "next year". He did point out that it will take four or five months to get everything up and running again, which makes sense to me.

EDIT: Never mind.

Cameron Mackintosh Says No Theatre Till 2021  May 3 2020, 02:16:52 PM

I listened to the interview and, as prepared as I am for a 2021 reopening to be the scenario, I never actually heard him say "next year". He did point out that it will take four or five months to get everything up and running again, which makes sense to me.

West End Prince of Egypt  Sep 6 2019, 11:31:25 AM

Are they not using child actors for this production or have they just not cast them yet because of some kind of child labor laws I don't know about?

Cats parody on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt  Feb 2 2019, 10:47:09 AM

And of course, Norm Lewis guest spot FTW.

Allegiance DVD  Feb 2 2019, 10:45:56 AM

Sent 'em an email and I got this:

"Unfortunately, we are encountering delays due to the manufacturer. At this point we know we are very close (all the designs and content is finished) but it really depends on them. We have waited taking anyone’s money and pre-orders for exactly this reason, but we will update everyone as soon as possible. Rest assured that it will be available before we even consider bringing the film back to theaters as it’s currently our high

PRINCE OF EGYPT will finally premiere!  Aug 28 2018, 04:38:21 PM

Has there been any word on whether or not some kind of studio cast album is coming down the pipeline?

Can't remember the name of a play - would appreciate some help  Feb 19 2018, 07:13:19 PM

So not too long ago, I remember seeing a picture of a production of a play with two men seated at a table and their bodies were both encased in stone. And for the life of me, I cannot remember the name of the play. If anyone could help, that would be amazing. Thanks in advance! 

Prince of Egypt Concert - Long Island  Jul 28 2016, 02:41:02 PM

It's nice to know this board is still a safe haven for civilized discussion....oh wait.

Prince of Egypt Concert - Long Island  Jul 28 2016, 02:25:22 PM

While I am one of the people who took issue with the casting, my only hope is that this project doesn't get buried the way The Nightingale seemed to have gotten buried after its controversial production at La Jolla. And I hope if it does move on that the casting directors learn from this.

AMERICAN PSYCHO using GoFundMe to fund cast recording  Jun 8 2016, 10:20:27 PM

quizking101 said: "Mr. Musical said: "This looks like a fan-made thing with no formal connection to the show or producers"

I'm inclined to agree. Also, wasn't there already plans for a OBCR before previews even started?

"

My guess is there was a setback. Sheik has basically tweeted he's trying to make it happen.

Les Miserables Shaggy Parody question  Jun 7 2016, 09:15:56 AM

Bump.

Anyone?

Les Miserables Shaggy Parody question  Jun 6 2016, 11:42:11 PM

I distinctly remember seeing a video of the Broadway revival cast of Les Miserables doing a parody of Shaggy's "It Wasn't Me"....does anyone know what happened to it or have a link? Thanks.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Casting Announcement  Dec 20 2015, 08:42:52 PM

I take it musicaljen also went by another name....that started with a p?

Hunchback Album  Nov 21 2015, 11:48:47 AM

Mr. Nowack said: "CastAlbums lists it as digital Dec. 4 and physical release sometime in January.

"

December 4th, huh? Sweet!

Steven Speilberg's  Nov 9 2015, 06:24:17 AM

Yes but the movie has also gained a massive cult following like Newsies.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You