pixeltracker

HONEYMOONERS straight to Broadway- Page 2

HONEYMOONERS straight to Broadway

TimesSquared Profile Photo
TimesSquared
#25HONEYMOONERS straight to Broadway
Posted: 4/13/15 at 10:55pm

I saw a workshop and I have to say I think the score is wonderful. The lyrics are super clever and the melodies are terrific. It has the feel of a classic 1950's musical by Frank Loesser that you somehow never saw. There's a choral number sung by the bus drivers that I couldn't get out of my head for weeks. Alice has a very clever number about her frustration with Ralph's latest scheme involving a piano, and Ralph's song at the end, "Baby, You're the Greatest"—roll your eyes, if you must—it's so sweet, and when the chorus, Bells Are Ringing-style, all joins in at the end, it soars. Ok, I'm also a huge fan of the TV show, but I think the book is hilarious.

At the time, Jerry Mitchell was directing, but having seen On the Town, I'm very excited that Rando is now on board. He's the right man for this kind of show. 

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#26HONEYMOONERS straight to Broadway
Posted: 4/14/15 at 12:13am

What happened with Jerry? Also, is there a chorus in the show?

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#27HONEYMOONERS straight to Broadway
Posted: 9/21/15 at 8:21pm

Is this happening?? Spring?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#28HONEYMOONERS straight to Broadway
Posted: 9/21/15 at 11:22pm

What's the point of canceling their Goodspeed run if they aren't even opening in the fall? 

Brian Song
#29HONEYMOONERS straight to Broadway
Posted: 9/22/15 at 11:33am

This is such BS. I know because I was asked to invest in this. They don't even have enough money to co-produce it at Goodspeed. John Rando is hack and the workshop was a bust.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#30HONEYMOONERS straight to Broadway
Posted: 9/22/15 at 12:05pm

It does seem pretty implausible that anything will happen this year (if ever), given the total dearth of news since March. And it sounds as hacky as the Spongebob musical, anyway.