News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RippedMan

RippedMan Profile Photo
Member Name: RippedMan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Public announces 2024-2025 Season including Gatz, Sumo, premieres, and more  May 8 2024, 07:44:14 AM

What’s the picture from the announcement? Looks like a cool design. 

What’s Next for the Palace Theatre?  May 7 2024, 08:41:24 PM

Someone in a Tree2 said: "^ Actually the wings at the Palace are MORE spacious than most backstages onBway. Welcome to the magic trick every set designer masters in shoehorning the big shows into our tiny Broadway houses."

I do find it fascinating! 

What’s Next for the Palace Theatre?  May 7 2024, 07:54:40 PM

Well that's good to know! The wing space still looks tight to me. 

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center  May 7 2024, 07:09:52 PM

He likely won’t get the Tony for such a short run. And we’ve still got Denzel. 

What’s Next for the Palace Theatre?  May 7 2024, 06:50:56 PM

Why do all this work and not give the theater more wing space and make the stage itself larger, help sight lines, etc. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/24  May 7 2024, 03:45:37 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Pretty bad week for all.

This is ordinarily a week where we would have seen a bump for presumed Tony frontrunnerslike HK or Outsiders or Illinoise, not a 5-figure drop.

Wonder if ATG is regretting exercising their option to move APPROPRIATE. It has never reached the highs of the 2nd Stage run(despite more seats to fill).
"

I'm sure Appropriate is still making money and it's filling out the theater pretty dam

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 7 2024, 12:33:37 PM
Runtime?
What's next for the Longacre?  May 6 2024, 07:54:12 PM

Could see Dorian Grey doing well here.

Palace Theatre  May 6 2024, 07:52:52 PM

Surprised they wouldn't reconfigure and get ride of the aisle. That makes more premium seats and less obstructed view seats. 

MAMMA MIA! Will Embark on 25th Anniversary North American Tour  May 6 2024, 10:52:51 AM

Was my first broadway show ever so holds a dear place in my heart and hearing that this cast is on fire makes me even more excited to revisit. 

FINDING NEVERLAND headed to the West End in 2025?  May 6 2024, 10:11:12 AM

Wonder why this show is such a struggle. Never seen the movie but I'd imagine it can't be that hard to adapt. I didn't mind the Broadway version, but I felt like the staging looked rather cheap. That final image is rather beautiful, but I just remember the rest of the show being very blue and lots of cheap cardboard cutouts. 

MAMMA MIA! Will Embark on 25th Anniversary North American Tour  May 6 2024, 08:32:08 AM

Well now I have to go. 

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 1 2024, 06:18:33 PM

Meyerschultz said: "RippedMan said: "I thought I'd seen the movie before, but I guess I got it confused with the Roseanne Barr movie. Guess I'll be watching this tonight in anticipation of Sunday. Very excited!"

Wereyou thinking of She-Devil? I could see that with Meryl’s role being similar.
"

Yes! 

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 1 2024, 10:51:53 AM

Makes it even more exciting! But I think I'll watch the movie beforehand. 

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 1 2024, 09:55:01 AM

I thought I'd seen the movie before, but I guess I got it confused with the Roseanne Barr movie. Guess I'll be watching this tonight in anticipation of Sunday. Very excited! 

Somewhat Baffling High Note Trends  May 1 2024, 09:47:16 AM

Think it started with the 80s mega musicals and then got cemented with the popularity of Wicked. Now it's expected. It really is not sustainable, but musical theater is just turning so homogenous and now I go into a new musical expecting actors to be belting out  crazy notes. There was a trend for awhile too of a lot of actors riffing for no reason. I think that's died down a little, thankfully. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/28/24  May 1 2024, 09:28:50 AM

I could see Illinoise taking the Broadhurst, but I think their intention is to tour it. 

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 1 2024, 08:43:02 AM

EDSOSLO858 said: "RippedMan said: "Is this Arden’s first original musical?"

Arden’s not doing this. Are you thinking ofMaybe Happy Ending?
"

Was thinking of Queen of Versailles! 

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  Apr 30 2024, 07:25:36 PM

Is this Arden’s first original musical?

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  Apr 30 2024, 06:23:13 PM

When I saw A Wonderful World at the Palace, they had a table off to the side and upgraded anyone in the balcony, so I wouldn't worry about the lottery and just show up. I ended up getting like Mid-orchestra, perfect seat. Can't wait to hear back! I love the Merch!! 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You