Profile for RippedMan

RippedMan Profile Photo
Member Name: RippedMan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SUCCESSION Star Jeremy Strong Will Return to Broadway in AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE  Feb 17 2024, 11:14:40 AM

yyys said: "Killing Eve was a megahit....

RippedMan said: "Er, sorry. Typo.

I meant Jodie Comer. And my point was that she’s not a big name by any means but yet her show is selling well. So who knows how this could go? Chastain is a giant name and her show is selling well but by no means some mega hit.
"

"

Mega hit in its circles but the everyday person doesn’t know Comer. I stand by what I said. Having n

What Next For The Majestic?  Feb 17 2024, 11:05:54 AM

I think the Lyceum and Music Box are great examples. Have digital ones but still feel elegant

How much does a minimal set affect your ability to follow along with a show's storyline?  Feb 17 2024, 12:50:52 AM

I enjoyed both of Doyle’s Sweeney and Color Purple but I won’t lie, I didn’t understand a lot of the plot of Sweeney and I hadn’t realized how much time had passed in Color Purple that by the end she’s way older. 

Any chance we'll see Daniel Fish's Oklahoma! again?  Feb 16 2024, 11:02:20 AM

I enjoyed it on Broadway. But it made me want to see a very traditional version to just compare stories. 

that said, I’d be curious what he does next? Seems like Jamie Lloyd is churning them out but Fish is taking his time. 

THE HEART OF ROCK &ROLL  Feb 14 2024, 05:53:07 PM

Kad said: "BETTY22 said: "A friend of mine is working on this new musical - say's it is fine. If you like 'A Beautiful Noise' - you will like this show too.

Everything you expect it to be - it is! Which probably isn't a bad thing for a show like this.

It's not aiming to win awards but rather entertain.
"

Beautiful Noise is a bio musical, though. This is an original story using Lewis’ music… that&rsquo

Which theaters are most in need of renovation?  Feb 13 2024, 06:43:08 PM

The Lyceum is my favorite Broadway theater in design - love the exterior and the marquee - and the layout. I love walking right from the street into the theater. But it does need some sprucing up. I remember being up there for Play Goes Wrong and I was like they need to dust, paint, etc. 

I know the Marquee isn't the most eye grabbing and kind of small, but I love it. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/24  Feb 13 2024, 01:42:27 PM

Appropriate doing better than some musicals.. and almost reaching Back to the Future... probably not a great sign..

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Feb 11 2024, 05:18:31 PM

Honestly I didn't really think about the race thing one time? So I guess that's good.

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Feb 11 2024, 01:34:16 PM

kennin said: "Jordan Catalano said: "No, it didn't suck. I just didnt' write my thoughts last night because I wanted to think about it. It's a show based on a film I love wherethe cast was all wonderful, a lot of the score is great, staging isbeautiful and yet, it just let me feeling very "meh" and I don't know why. I'm a sap that cries at everything and for a classic tear-jerker, not even one tear, here -I even brought tissues! My reaction to t

Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... not at the Lyceum February 2024  Feb 10 2024, 08:49:32 AM

DiscoCrows said: "Jumping in re; the comment about the producers and the ill-fated Death Drop.

I know it’s easy to write this off as high-power theatre producers who are tone deaf / don’t know what they’re doing, but I wish more people understood. This is a team who believes queer art truly has an audience and stakeholders in the high profile commercial landscape and are jumping through hoop after hoop to bring these artists there,whom they believe in wit

APPROPRIATE Transferring to the Belasco  Feb 10 2024, 08:43:43 AM

idioteque... said: "PegasusOasis said: "Wow. I hope they add merch. I’d like a magnet. The set design is amazing, hopefully nothing is lost."

They didnt have merch at the 2nd stages show?
"

Is the set more than just the house set? I don't see what makes this show so expensive to run. 

2024-2025 Touring Season  Feb 9 2024, 05:38:52 PM

I’d imagine both are non union 

Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... not at the Lyceum February 2024  Feb 8 2024, 01:28:52 PM

Wonder if anything tries to swoop in and grab the Lyceum 

Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... not at the Lyceum February 2024  Feb 8 2024, 01:01:48 PM

Well that's sad, but I think it was just an unrealistic vanity project. It should have started off Broadway or gone to St. Ann's or something. But these producers now have 2 cancelled shows under their belt. 

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston  Feb 8 2024, 10:57:47 AM

Oh, what dates? i think I'm going to fly in for this and that would be a fun theater day.

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Feb 5 2024, 03:19:12 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "RippedMan said: "I'm kind of back and forth on this. It was just very heavy and the set is very dark/black so it just all felt heavy. I'm curious to see what changes have been made. Especially to the score. Hope they worked on the opening. But the show is solid."

There was definitely some room for improvement for how they used the space. I loved the rain effects, and the brighter moments of the lighting design, but some of the

What could bring Fantasia back to Bwy?  Feb 5 2024, 12:49:28 PM

I thought for sure she'd be getting the Oscar, so not to even get nominated feels like the whole team fumbled that one. 

I'd love to see her do Caroline or Change. Maybe the part would finally get a Tony.

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Feb 5 2024, 12:34:21 PM

I'm kind of back and forth on this. It was just very heavy and the set is very dark/black so it just all felt heavy. I'm curious to see what changes have been made. Especially to the score. Hope they worked on the opening. But the show is solid. 

OUR TOWN revival starring Dustin Hoffman; Bartlett Sher directs  Feb 5 2024, 11:05:25 AM

Casting notice for the Kenny Leon production says rehearsals start in August. 

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadwa  Feb 5 2024, 11:03:05 AM

New audition posting says rehearsals start for late Summer. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You