News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RippedMan

RippedMan Profile Photo
Member Name: RippedMan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Denzel Washington to return to Broadway in OTHELLO?
 Jul 24 2024, 01:03:23 PM

Owen22 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Molly Osborne will make her Broadway debut in this production as Desdemona."

She was tremendous in the Benjamin Button musical when I saw it at the Southwark Playhouse in London. I'm guessing she isn't making the West End transfer. Does she have a profile outside of Button? As great as she is, it's kind of a surprise, out-of-the-box casting...
"

Now I'm looking up this Benjamin Button musica

Adam Lambert -Cabaret
 Jul 24 2024, 12:14:27 PM

This is more interesting to me Than the current cast 

Metcalf stars in Hunter’s LITTLE BEAR RIDGE ROAD at Steppenwoolf, directed by Mantello
 Jul 23 2024, 02:40:26 PM

I think it would work great at the Hayes,

Jason Robert Brown, Taylor Mac, Rob Ashford collaborating on MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL musical adaptation
 Jul 23 2024, 02:14:18 PM

Just in the beginning. And no one goes into the audience. Just spoken from the stage to someone house right. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/21/24
 Jul 23 2024, 01:12:08 PM

Happy to see "Oh, Mary" in the millionaire club! 

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston
 Jul 23 2024, 12:05:30 PM

Herbie in Gypsy doesn’t really sing? So I don’t know that he needs his own number per se. (Haven’t seen the show). It sounds a little meta.

Patrick Marber will direct THE PRODUCERS for London’s Menier Chocolate Factory, beginning November 2024
 Jul 23 2024, 12:03:47 PM

Isn’t this such a tiny space for such a large scale musical? Seems interesting. 

Metcalf stars in Hunter’s LITTLE BEAR RIDGE ROAD at Steppenwoolf, directed by Mantello
 Jul 23 2024, 10:56:58 AM

Happy to have seen this but curious where it lands in NYC. Metcalf is incredible in it. 

Jason Robert Brown, Taylor Mac, Rob Ashford collaborating on MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL musical adaptation
 Jul 21 2024, 06:48:33 PM

I think that's the most interesting narrative bit - the talking to the audience as the writers. I think it's a cool concept and I hope Mac doubles down on that. 

Paul Hart's immersive UK staging of THE LORD OF THE RINGS musical to transfer to Chicago
 Jul 19 2024, 10:54:30 PM

Oof making me hesitate to buy tickets. I thought sine they already announced New Zealand they must have felt they had a winner on their hands. 

Report: The Phantom of the Opera May Be Readying an Off-Broadway Return
 Jul 19 2024, 07:59:10 PM

MimiChika said: "The old “lee's art shop” on 57th is the venue for phantom of the opera, they boughtthe whole building."

Interesting! 

Paul Hart's immersive UK staging of THE LORD OF THE RINGS musical to transfer to Chicago
 Jul 19 2024, 06:10:55 PM

Look forward to hearing your review! Think I'm going to go Wednesday night. 

Report: The Phantom of the Opera May Be Readying an Off-Broadway Return
 Jul 19 2024, 06:10:04 PM

Would be cool if they gave Stage 42 the Harry Potter treatment and transformed the house into the Paris Opera house or something. 

Carolee Carmello to lead KIMBERLY AKIMBO National Tour
 Jul 17 2024, 12:10:57 PM

Oh I hope Chicago gets it! Love to hear in this show!

Menzel-led REDWOOD to transfer to Broadway this season
 Jul 16 2024, 11:25:01 PM

I mean can’t they just redesign be set for any space? I don’t think that dictates which theater too much. I think they think Mendel will sell tickets. Which has proven to do. 

Jul 16 2024, 12:28:33 PM

To mean it doesn't every feel like I'm too far from the stage or bad views. The Guys and Dolls revival felt too big for that space, but something like War Paint felt perfectly sized. 

Jul 16 2024, 12:07:39 PM

I don't feel like the Nederlander is all that big? I love seeing shows there. I feel like it's the perfect space for a show. 

Biggest disappointments from established teams?
 Jul 15 2024, 08:34:15 AM

Zeppie2022 said: ""BANDSTAND is the polar opposite of what I'm talking about. It was the Broadway debut of its writing team, it had no notable individuals in its cast, and though Blankenbuehler was riding on the success of HAMILTON his one previous Broadway directorial effort was disappointing."

Ok. BTW - Laura Osnes got Tony nominations in 2012 & 2013 (Bonnie & Clyde and Cinderella) but I guess that is not notable. Corey Cott replaced Jeremy Jordan i

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston
 Jul 12 2024, 09:58:50 AM

I think if the story deals with their delusion and whatnot, I think it could be a really interesting compelling story. But we shall see.

Broadway Real Estate 2024-25
 Jul 12 2024, 09:32:08 AM

If "Oh, Mary" and "A Band's Visit" can make it work, I think they'll be fine.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You