News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RippedMan

RippedMan Profile Photo
Member Name: RippedMan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Metcalf stars in Hunter’s LITTLE BEAR RIDGE ROAD at Steppenwoolf, directed by Mantello
 Jun 21 2024, 08:55:42 AM

Saw this last night and really loved it. But leaving the theater I kind of felt "meh." It's a very small show. But damn did I not love every minute of this. I don't see it going to Broadway as it's too slight, but I can see it coming to Broadway. 

I thought Stock was interesting. Never seen them in a show before. He kind of comes off as drunk? But maybe that's just his style? But interesting performance. 

"Untitled Immersive Musical Attraction" from POTO LLC
 Jun 19 2024, 05:28:48 PM

If it is truly immserive and you're walking through the bowels of the Paris Opera house... that could be fun.

"Untitled Immersive Musical Attraction" from POTO LLC
 Jun 19 2024, 03:38:49 PM

Yeah I was curious what this was. They don't list any creatives which is odd.

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 Jun 19 2024, 12:00:55 PM

According to a casting notice they are looking for tumbler and people good with acrobatics. Guess they're adding some stuff to the show?

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Jun 19 2024, 11:42:29 AM

I would imagine it'll run for a while. The production is the star. Are they even advertising it around the city? 

New Merrily Pro-Shot?
 Jun 18 2024, 07:00:47 PM

I forgot that even happened. Or the Aladdin pro shot we'll never see.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24
 Jun 18 2024, 06:28:34 PM

Clearly that's terrible direction. 

Surprised they wouldn't just extend The Wiz through the holidays. 

The 77th Annual TONY Awards Performances
 Jun 17 2024, 07:09:17 PM

Play Esq. said: "Broadway Flash said: "I just feel like the Met is so unique and opera specific. Icant imagine the Tony’s being in there because it is an opera house after all. Actually, I don’t think it’s ever been used for anything other than the Met’s season, and then the American Ballet Theatre does a month of performances between mid June to mid July. Sure it would be bigger but sorta off brand for the Tony’s. Plus, I don’t even think

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
 Jun 17 2024, 10:18:50 AM

Valentina3 said: "My genuine first thought was how cool would it have been if Priyanka Chopra had been announced as Cathy.

(Yes I know Warren would be fantastic, and I know Chopra can't sing this role but she is a phenomenal actress and it would have been quite an event)
"

Why would anyone want to pay $ to watch someone struggle through a score? I don’t think it would be an event but a blunder. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 17 2024, 10:17:48 AM

OhHiii said: "CurtainsUpat8 said: "I think something happened last night which I have never seen happen before.

Alicia Keyes STOLE the song from Maleah. Maleah WON THE TONY. And the composer stepped in and took her best number. So we never got to hear the young lady who WON the award because the composer decided it was best she sing it. That was AWFUL. That was a disgrace imho.
"

I think you need to understand what this performance was about. I

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:31:33 PM

Illinoise for Best Musical. Just brilliant. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:13:42 PM

I found Water For Elephants so bland and boring. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 08:59:17 PM

Not the “we have more women nominated than ever” … but the Tony goes to a man… (not saying it’s not deserved) 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 08:23:01 PM

Well that just sold them a lot of tickets. 

And Jay Z was out front. 

Funny Girl Tour cast changes.
 Jun 13 2024, 02:27:30 PM

Nothing on this upcoming season. So strange. 

Funny Girl Tour cast changes.
 Jun 13 2024, 02:12:35 PM

Really surprised we didn’t get this here in Chicago on the first year. 

Menzel-led REDWOOD to transfer to Broadway this season
 Jun 13 2024, 12:04:05 PM

Prob just waiting for another show to announce a closing 

Patti LuPone Will Return to Broadway in THE ROOMMATE Opposite Mia Farrow
 Jun 13 2024, 12:01:13 PM

Love this 

Titanic at City Center
 Jun 12 2024, 12:08:35 PM

This is easily one of my favorite scores - up there with Sunday - and I’ve never seen a production. So I’m glad you’re enjoying it!!

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - 1st National Tour
 Jun 11 2024, 04:19:25 PM

chrishuyen said: "Really curious to hear how the effects work, I heard from someone that the main change is getting rid of the onstage water (which makes sense), but I'd assume there's more than that too."

I don't even remember the water? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You