pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15- Page 6

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15

After Eight
#125Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/7/15 at 10:54pm

"You're positively gleeful about Fun Home not having sold those 400 seats. "

Indeed. I'm positively thrilled for those 400 possible patrons who were spared the pain of sitting through it. And I feel sorry for those who are going to be lured into experiencing that pain once the thing hauls in its inevitable Tonys.

Poor folk. Poor world.

"But of course, all of these shows are apparently contributing to some kind of moral rot in society"

Yep. In our society in general, and in our theatre in particular.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#126Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/7/15 at 11:14pm

But what if, shocker, they actually enjoy it? I'm seeing the show tomorrow since I fell in love with the recording, and I'm expecting to at least like it. And for all you know, people that go see it because of possible Tony wins might love it too, and find themselves moved by it? Why is that such a bad thing to you? You claim to love theatre, but seem so unhappy when a show you personally don't like does the things theatre should do- move us, challenge us, make us laugh and cry. If a show doesn't do that for you, it doesn't matter, but you seem almost offended when others post their positive feelings. It's baffling, really.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

After Eight
#127Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/7/15 at 11:40pm

"You claim to love theatre, but seem so unhappy when a show you personally don't like does the things theatre should do- move us, challenge us, make us laugh and cry."

Odd you failed to mention showing respect for the sensibilities of the audience and not spitting in its face.

Or perhaps not so odd.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#128Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/8/15 at 1:03am

After Eight-is the definition of "sensibilities of the audience" your own personal sensibilities? Because if so you have pretty much cemented my impression that you suffer from narcissistic personality disorder.

After Eight
#129Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/5/15
Posted: 4/8/15 at 6:30am

"I'm seeing the show tomorrow since I fell in love with the recording, and I'm expecting to at least like it."

You're gonna love it.

Enjoy!

P.S. Please let us know if you see any empty seats in the theatre.