Fun Home Seating Question

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#1Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/8/15 at 6:19pm

For those who have seen Fun Home, is there an advantage to sitting in the 100s over the 200s (sides) due to the staging?  Or does it truly not matter?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#2Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/8/15 at 6:54pm

I sat in the 200's (sides) when I saw it and thought the view was perfect.  I think the 200's seats are better than the 100's.  Hope you enjoy it!

FindingNamo
#2Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/8/15 at 6:59pm

I too think so even though for some reason the premia seats are in the 100s.

Also, I'd pick odd side over even if given the chance.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/8/15 at 7:46pm

Saw it twice, once from the 200s (2nd row) and once from the 100s (6th row).  I thought the former was the better do at, easily.  The latter isn't a BAD seat, but I felt more connected in the 200s.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 6/9/15 at 07:46 PM

Mister Matt
#4Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/9/15 at 2:11pm

This is extremely helpful.  Thank you!

FindingNamo
#5Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/9/15 at 2:14pm

I was on the aisle in the 100s across from the 200s on the odd side. It was fine but I could tell if I were over just a bit more it would be PERFECT.

Liza's Headband
#6Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/9/15 at 2:15pm

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#7Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/9/15 at 2:23pm

I sat in the 100's, even side about five rows back. I thought it was a great view, only mildly obstructed by the door at times. 

For my return visit I just purchased tickets in the 200 section, odd side and they were Amex seating ... Really I purchased the best thing available and it's for mid-July. There are tickets available sooner that's just what worked for my group of two.

But, it's already getting very, very hard to get tickets! I also hate that Telecharge has changed the system so you can't select your own seats. It gives you a couple of options on the date but you can't see exactly where they are or what else is available. Awful. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#8Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/9/15 at 2:29pm

Telecharge's "choose your own seats" feature, while amazing, is already glitchy enough as it is. Throw a best musical winner in the round up there and I'm sure things get even more complicated, especially while seats are flying out the door. They're probably just trying to avoid complications, but that's just a guess. 

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#9Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/9/15 at 2:43pm

Yeah, what's the deal with the Telecharge system? I bought tickets two weeks ago and was able to choose my own seats (glitchy as it was). Just checked again and the website is randomly assigning seats and there's no way to see what's available.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#10Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/17/15 at 9:20pm

A question I'm asked: where is the car seat on stage during "Telephone Wire." If memory serves, it's up closer to the 400 section (the 3 other sides face it). I could be wrong.  I know "Edges of the World" is performed mostly at that end.  "Telephone Wire" is one of the more static moments in the blocking (static used neutrally here).  Anyway, if anyone else recalls what section "Telephone Wire" faces, I'd be curious to have this confirmed.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

BrerBear Profile Photo
BrerBear
#11Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/17/15 at 9:37pm

My recollection is that the Telephone Wire bench rises from the very center of the stage and is slightly elevated. It rotates during the song, so it faces every section pretty much equally.

verdigris
#12Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/17/15 at 9:39pm

I'm considering sitting in the first row of the 200s on the second last seat near the orchestra. Has anyone sat here? Any issue seeing to the other end of the stage etc?

Updated On: 6/17/15 at 09:39 PM

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#13Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/17/15 at 10:56pm

I didn't remember "Telephone Wire" revolving in previews, though I'm sure it did; I was too taken with the total experience to parse staging. But worth remembering: Gold's work allows every number to land in all four quadrants of the house.

Mister Matt
#14Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/18/15 at 12:10pm

Anyone know if Michael and Judy perform the Saturday matinees?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#15Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/18/15 at 12:54pm

"Anyone know if Michael and Judy perform the Saturday matinees?"

Of course they do.  There are no alternates for this show.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Mister Matt
#16Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/18/15 at 1:08pm

I didn't know.  Thank you!

Jay94
#17Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/18/15 at 1:22pm

I'm sitting in the 100's because they wouldn't let me choose my seats. Pretty annoying.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#18Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/18/15 at 2:03pm

I sat in the 100's and they are still great seats! Nothing to be worried about.

ajh
#19Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/18/15 at 6:44pm

I sat in E122, on the curve, and it was a great view.

what a show, for the next 48 hours I couldn't even talk about it without getting tearful. An utter triumph.

FindingNamo
#20Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/18/15 at 7:05pm

I'd write a big check to BCA/EFA if I could sit on Sydney Lucas's father's lap.

purplehibiscus Profile Photo
purplehibiscus
#21Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/18/15 at 8:58pm

I have seat 408...how are the 400's?

HaroldInNY
#22Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/18/15 at 9:17pm

"My recollection is that the Telephone Wire bench rises from the very center of the stage and is slightly elevated. It rotates during the song, so it faces every section pretty much equally."

I saw Fun Home last night, and that is exactly how it works.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#23Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/18/15 at 9:21pm

I blanked on "Telephone Wire"'s blocking, maybe because the number is emotionally devastating, the specifics of this particular father-daughter so profoundly dramatized, they become universal immediately.  It's an actual scene in the graphic novel, reconfigured (one of the few that's multiple panels).  The song is beautifully staged to play to the whole house. 

theatregeek02 Profile Photo
theatregeek02
#24Fun Home Seating Question
Posted: 6/19/15 at 12:23pm

I'm planning on seeing the show early August. The two choices that Telecharge is giving me are Row E Seats 223&225 and Row B Seats 226&228. The only difference is row B is premium. Is it worth it to pay the premium prices or is row E fine?