New Matildas

mmFan Profile Photo
mmFan
#25New Matilda Leads
Posted: 9/8/15 at 12:33pm

KathyNYC2 said: "^^Did your children enjoy the show as a whole? I remember you were wondering if it was a good show for them.

I actually went again and saw Rileigh on Sunday. I thought she did a perfectly respectable job (and she cried at the end because it was the last show for four of the lead adult actors)."

Both my kids and myself absolutely loved it!  (And my husband liked it).  Thank you for asking, and thank you for all who suggested Matilda. It certainly was a great choice,  It's coming to Toronto (where we live) next summer and we'll be seeing it again...but I know nothing beats Broadway.

I was worried about not understanding the accents, but had no issue at all.

Which 4 actors left?  I know it was Lesli and Miss Honey's last day (I forget the actress real name)...so which other two?

Updated On: 9/8/15 at 12:33 PM

toofunktastic2
#26New Matilda Leads
Posted: 9/8/15 at 12:36pm

mmFan said: "KathyNYC2 said: "^^Did your children enjoy the show as a whole? I remember you were wondering if it was a good show for them.

I actually went again and saw Rileigh on Sunday. I thought she did a perfectly respectable job (and she cried at the end because it was the last show for four of the lead adult actors)."

Both my kids and myself absolutely loved it!  (And my husband liked it).  Thank you for asking, and thank you for all who suggested Matilda. It certainly was a great choice,  It's coming to Toronto (where we live) next summer and we'll be seeing it again...but I know nothing beats Broadway.

I was worried about not understanding the accents, but had no issue at all.

Which 4 actors left?  I know it was Lesli and Miss Honey's last day (I forget the actress real name)...so which other two?

"

It was Alison Luff (Miss Honey), Karen Aldridge (Mrs. Phelps), and Matt Harrington (Mr. Wormwood) along with Lesli.

mmFan Profile Photo
mmFan
#27New Matilda Leads
Posted: 9/8/15 at 12:39pm

toofunktastic2 said: "mmFan said: "KathyNYC2 said: "It was Alison Luff (Miss Honey), Karen Aldridge (Mrs. Phelps), and Matt Harrington (Mr. Wormwood) along with Lesli.

"

Ah ok thanks.  All were excellent.  Glad I got to see them...and with Lesli being the original on the CD.

Right...Alison Luff (didn't have my program infront of me as I'm at work now) . She was actually looking and smiling at my kids at the end during the applause, which was kind of neat (we were at the front)

mailhandler777
#28New Matilda Leads
Posted: 9/8/15 at 3:32pm

KathyNYC2 said: "I don't think age makes it better. Fina and Eliza have been the youngest and they were totally amazing. Again, not to be neg about Rileigh, who I thought was fabulous...but I am not sure her age had anything to do with it.

Regardless of her age, I do think that Rileigh is one of the girls that has great clarity of speech and she is easily up there with some of the easiest Matildas to understand."

Fina was the first(and second) Matilda I saw and I thought she was excellent. 

Rileigh is definitely easier to understand as was Fina. Alexandra was not that easy to understand plus she forgot her words throughout the show.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)