Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -

newsie20841
#1Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/5/15 at 12:01pm

As most people probably know, four of the five shows playing in Jujamcyn-owned theaters now offer online lotteries through their websites.  I was wondering if anyone who has won any of these lotteries could post where their lotto seats were located.  The shows with these online lotteries are Gentleman’s Guide, jersey Boys, Kinky Boots and Something Rotten.  (I wish Book of Mormon offered an online lotto, but not yet as far as I know.)  

Also, do all four shows offer lotto loser seats in the mezzanine for non-winners? I know Something Rotten and Kinky Boots do, but I'm not sure about the others.  

I have never won any of these lotteries, so I’m just curious about the seating locations.  Thanks in advance for your insight!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/5/15 at 12:02pm

Mormon has a twitter lottery, which I guess is technically an online lottery, but it's not the same format as the others.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

asmith0307
#3Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/5/15 at 3:56pm

I did the online lotto for Kinky Boots on the first night it was offered and Gentleman's Guide on Bryce's first performance back. 

For Kinky Boots - its the same seats as the regular lotto - boxes and side orchestra. They completely replaced their in person lotto, so its essentially the same seats. 

For Gentleman's Guide - I was in the side orchestra. There were only a few winners, and they still have their in person rush, so it was hard to tell where the lotto was versus the rush. 

For both, I did notice that you were not assigned seats ahead of time. You received seats in order of appearing at the box office, so its essentially the equivalent of an earlier pull in an in person lotto. 

Updated On: 9/5/15 at 03:56 PM

shocowo
#4Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/5/15 at 10:07pm

Won the JB lottery the first night it was offered. Seats were Orchestra Row K, seats 13 & 15.

Edited to add: loser seats were mentioned in the email that was sent out (I won, the other in person in my party did not and received the email with the offer code for non-winners) but the price(s) were not.

Updated On: 9/5/15 at 10:07 PM

Hairspray0901
#5Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/5/15 at 10:57pm

My friend won Kinky Boots for us and we had great seats - front row of the left box (as others have said I believe they are the same seats that were given for the in-person lottery). Marked partial view but we saw everything!

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#6Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/6/15 at 12:58am

I won the Kinky Boots lottery twice, and sat in the left and right boxes. They were actually good seats, although peoples' heads can get in the way of the action that takes place in the downstage corners (for instance the scenes in the club in act 1).

alfred2
#7Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/6/15 at 7:28am

Won the Jersey Boy lottery yesterday. Orchestra Row M seats 10 and 12.

peacelovemagic1 Profile Photo
peacelovemagic1
#8Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/6/15 at 9:53am

I won the GGLAM online lotto last Wednesday and our seats were orchestra row H, 14 and 16! 

Updated On: 9/6/15 at 09:53 AM

gimlet2
#9Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/6/15 at 11:32am

Something Rotten: Don't know the exact seat numbers, but they were in the center section front row.

KathyNYC2
#10Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/6/15 at 1:39pm

There really needs to be a "I don't want these tickets" button in the confirmation that you have won. Often if I am looking for two tickets for myself and someone else, both of us will play the lottery - but obviously we don't need both sets. If we could declare that we don't want them up front, it can go to another person who entered.

I know it says if you don't claim them 1/2 hour before the show, they will be sold... but that's not necessarily good enough. The other people who entered may have selected a different show to see or the price might be higher at the 1/2 hour time.

I would not be surprised if less lottery seats are sold this way...anyway, just my humble opinion.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#11Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/6/15 at 2:01pm

But it says "You’ll need to respond to the email or text message by 2 hours before the performance." So, it seems like your scenario of them being abandoned 30 minutes to showtime would only exist if you both accepted the tickets without checking in with one another, no?

high_onbway
#12Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/6/15 at 2:09pm

I believe only GGLAM asks you to confirm the tickets 2 hours before show time. My friend won Kinky Boots yesterday and was not asked to confirm the tickets. 

Jersey Boys: I got Front Mezz row E on the right aisle. My friends have gotten side orchestra seats. If you win, you should definitely get to the box office as early as possible. 

Something Rotten: Front row....I think I got A 101-102

Kinky Boots: Box seats

Edit: I apologize,,,,it was Jersey Boys who asked to confirm tickets.

Updated On: 9/7/15 at 02:09 PM

asmith0307
#13Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/6/15 at 7:04pm

I don't remember having to confirm the tickets when I won, so that must be new. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#14Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/6/15 at 7:11pm

I never tried their lotteries, but that is what they claim to do on their website?

Hairspray0901
#15Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/6/15 at 7:19pm

My friend did not have to confirm; it just said if we didn't pick them up by half hour they would be sold. 

KathyNYC2
#16Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/7/15 at 1:20am

Here was my message when I won the Something Rotten lottery..I didn't have to confirm anything.

Your ticket(s) are being held under your name at the St. James Theatre box office, 246 West 44th Street.  You must claim and pay for them before 30 minutes prior to curtain time.  Any tickets not purchased by then will be forfeited and may be sold to someone else.  Please bring your photo ID to claim your tickets.

Someone else I know got the same message at Kinky Boots..also no confirmation.

Its frustrating when someone loses the lottery and then not all the lottery winning seats were actually used. When you had the in person lotteries, you could turn back the tickets you didn't want right away so they could pull more names.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#17Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/7/15 at 1:26am

Is it really going to come up that often where 2 people win a pair of tickets each, and only need 2 total? I entered the Fun Home lottery for quite a while before winning last week. And if you do, you can either invite two people to join you, or just not worry about it. They do list an e-mail address at Lottery@jujamcyn.com on the Kinky lottery page, if you really want to try and contact them, I suppose.

KathyNYC2
#18Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/7/15 at 9:04am

The Fun Home Lottery is run by Today's Tix which forces you to confirm your win - within an hour I believe - or you lose the tickets.

The Jujamcyn lotteries are run separately...and of course, I could invite two other people if I knew two other people who were interested and of course, I could try and email them and hope they see my message. I just think it would be helpful to have a simple check box or button to let them know if you want the tickets or not.

How often does it happen that you win extra tickets? I have no idea.. but it's happened once already for me on line. And I can't tell you how many times I entered a lottery in person to have tickets turned back by someone on the spot when they didn't need them anymore because someone else in their party won already.

I mean it's not a huge deal - it was just a suggestion so more people can win the lottery and the theaters can sell as many tickets as possible.

Updated On: 9/7/15 at 09:04 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#19Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/7/15 at 10:00am

KathyNYC2 said: "The Fun Home Lottery is run by Today's Tix which forces you to confirm your win - within an hour I believe - or you lose the tickets."

Yeah, I only used them as the example of a show where I entered for weeks before winning once.

rjm516
#20Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/7/15 at 10:37am

Agreed. The whole concept of 'if you don't claim these tickets by this time, they may be sold to someone else' means that they won't go to another lottery entry, they will just go back to being available tickets that someone can pay more for. Which stinks. If it was a more immediate rejection, then they could offer the tickets to another lotto entrant within the expected notification period (like, before the entrants find something else to see). Not that they necessarily would offer them but still. 

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#21Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/7/15 at 12:15pm

So if the On-Line Lottery seats to SOMETHING ROTTEN are front row, where are the general rush seats sold at the box office at time of opening located? It seems to me if people care enough to schlep all the way down to the theater and line up early in the morning they would deserve front row over people sitting on their duffs clicking a couple computer buttons. But, maybe that's just me. LOL!

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

KathyNYC2
#22Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/7/15 at 12:22pm

When I won the online lottery to Something Rotten, my seat was in the first row of the front mezz....a little to the side but excellent view.

Sometimes front row of the orchestra is considered partial view depending on the theater...I remember winning the Annie lottery and in the front row, you couldn't really see the dog Sandy or the feet of any of the dancers.

high_onbway
#23Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/7/15 at 8:58pm

"So if the On-Line Lottery seats to SOMETHING ROTTEN are front row, where are the general rush seats sold at the box office at time of opening located?"

Funny story...My friends and I rushed Something Rotten and also won the online lottery for the same performance. The rush seats we got were in the boxes but I also saw some people from the rush line in the rear of the orchestra. 

"

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#24Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/7/15 at 10:25pm

It seems to me if people care enough to schlep all the way down to the theater and line up early in the morning they would deserve front row over people sitting on their duffs clicking a couple computer buttons. But, maybe that's just me. LOL!

Please, it's not about caring more. If they wanted to show how much they care about the show, they'd buy a full price ticket.They decide to "schlep" down there cause they think they'll have a better chance to get one of a handful of heavily subsidized seats than risking the uncertainty of the on-line lottery and that's their decision. If that's not their reasoning then either they just like the social aspect of lining up or they are masochists with a martyr complex. I swear, THE most overused word on this board is "deserved".

"

Updated On: 9/7/15 at 10:25 PM

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#25Jujamcyn Online Lotteries -
Posted: 9/10/15 at 2:52pm

Could you tell me what time Something Rotten starts to sell the rush tickets? Only after the lottery is done? Thanks.