pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/4/15- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/4/15

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/4/15
Posted: 10/6/15 at 3:49pm

neonlightsxo said: "House seats are not discounted. "

Depends how you mean. They are the full price for an orchestra seat but they are not premium priced (as they usually would be otherwise).

neonlightsxo
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/4/15
Posted: 10/6/15 at 3:52pm

Yes, I know what house seats are.

Liza's Headband
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/4/15
Posted: 10/6/15 at 4:27pm

And for the sake of this argument, I'm not sure I would consider "premium pricing" to actually be "full pricing," because it isn't. It's more like "inflated pricing of the full price." Either way, it is semantics. Both neon's point and my point was that house seats are not discounted in any way. They are cheaper because they're not premium and you're typically not paying any box office fees but there's no discount per se. The poster we were responding to is not the first who has confused house seats with complimentary tickets. There are definitely some who believe "house seats" actually mean discounted or complimentary. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/4/15
Posted: 10/6/15 at 5:45pm

Liza's Headband said: "And for the sake of this argument, I'm not sure I would consider "premium pricing" to actually be "full pricing," because it isn't. It's more like "inflated pricing of the full price." Either way, it is semantics. Both neon's point and my point was that house seats are not discounted in any way. They are cheaper because they're not premium and you're typically not paying any box office fees but there's no discount per se. The poster we were responding to is not the first who has confused house seats with complimentary tickets. There are definitely some who believe "house seats" actually mean discounted or complimentary."

If you try to actually understand the question and the answer instead of spouting what you think you understand: the question asked why the actual gross fluctuated in relation to the potential gross. As I said, there are numerous possible reasons. One of those reasons is that if a house seat is sold for (let's say) $175, the revenue for that seat is $300 less than it would be if it ended up being sold at the budgeted price of that seat. You can call that whatever you want, but it is not incorrect to say it is discounted, because that is exactly what is happening. Thus, if Ron Chernow arranges for the purchase of a pair of his contractual seats for $175 each, the gross is increased by $350. If he does not avail himself of his right to buy them at that price (call it whatever you want, but it is a discount), they revert to inventory and are sold for $950. Multiply that by all of the house seats, and there can be a pretty  substantial swing in the actual gross for the frame. 

#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/4/15
Posted: 10/6/15 at 8:18pm

i hope Gentlemans Guide is making money

neonlightsxo
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/4/15
Posted: 10/7/15 at 10:46am

"i hope Gentlemans Guide is making money"

They're not.