Why do people hate Finding Neverland

#75Why do people hate Finding Neverland
Posted: 10/27/15 at 3:34pm

Updated On: 10/27/15 at 03:34 PM

Movidude742 Profile Photo
Movidude742
#76Why do people hate Finding Neverland
Posted: 10/28/15 at 9:53pm

I didn't hate it, but I didn't particularly like it either.

I felt the score didn't fit the show.  It wasn't like Spring Awakening where there is a contemporary score in a period piece, because they abandoned that for some more traditional seeming numbers . . . and I didn't recall a single melody once it was over.  I felt that Morrison was miscast, and I was a little offended when he ripped open his shirt, a move that was just so out of character for the historical Barrie.  The less said about Grammer in his role the better

I was incredibly bored throughout, and really only felt any connection when the glitter started swirling.  But that was less than a minute, and even with rush prices I felt I grossly overpaid.

That said, I have some friends who absolutely loved the show and good on them.  No show is perfect for everyone.  This one just wasn't for me.  

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#77Why do people hate Finding Neverland
Posted: 10/29/15 at 2:58pm

Saw the show for the first time last nite---- my thoughts -- 

(Let me preface by saying that it's Art-- so I can't possible "hate" it) 

That being said--- really disliked it . Night started off bad, as Mann was out. His U/S was good, but honestly, I don't remember ever looking at my watch so many times, especially during a musical ! The performances were ok--- I like Morrison's voice, but I don't think it was right for this score, and his accent at times was so thick, that I couldn't understand him half the time. 

As as others have mentioned, I think the biggest problems ( other than the lousy set, and clumsy choreography) are the book and score. The jokes were so forced that it was painful. When you DONT try for laughs, that's when you usually get them. The score was totally forgettable . 

I am the type of person that will see a show a ton of times if it moves me and makes me feel something - 

( I.e, "Caroline or Change", "Ragtime", "Next to Normal", "Hedwig" , the latest "SA", --- I can go on--- I can even throw "Allegience" into the mix just for something more current) 

Would not see this one again---  best part for me--- probably the best merch I've seen in a long time !!

Videos