pixeltracker

Musicals good or bad, with bad titles- Page 2

Musicals good or bad, with bad titles

jkstheatrescene Profile Photo
jkstheatrescene
#25Musicals good or bad, with bad titles
Posted: 11/30/15 at 4:12pm

JBroadway said: "I know this doesn't count as an answer to the OP's question, but I just feel compelled to bring up the atrocity that is "The story of how Peter became Pan" - Finding Neverland's ridiculous tagline. 

"

You and my frequent theatre companion share this opinion.  In its defense, it is a way to get the well-known title Peter Pan in there, and it is the synopsis of what happens in the musical. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#26Musicals good or bad, with bad titles
Posted: 11/30/15 at 4:18pm

jkstheatrescene said: " In its defense, it is a way to get the well-known title Peter Pan in there,"

But the word "Neverland" is in the title. Doesn't that pretty much accomplish the same goal?

"and it is the synopsis of what happens in the musical. "

Highly debatable. What happens is a man named J.M Barrie creates the character of Peter Pan. "Peter Pan gets invented" would be accurate. So would "Peter [Lewellyn-Davies] becomes the namesake of Peter Pan." "Pan" is part of the character's name, not an adjective. At no point does anyone named "Peter" go from not being "Pan", to being "Pan"

rattleNwoolypenguin
#27Musicals good or bad, with bad titles
Posted: 11/30/15 at 4:26pm

City of Angels.

It sounds boring and just about LA and doesn't reflect the creativeness of the musical. Also who doesn't think of that Nick Cage and Meg Ryan film when they see that title?

Updated On: 11/30/15 at 04:26 PM