pixeltracker

Will Tuck last through the summer ?- Page 2

Will Tuck last through the summer ?

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#25Will Tuck last through the summer ?
Posted: 5/5/16 at 1:07am

newintown said: "The lead producer, Beth Williams, has a long but not-so-great track record, with such mega-flops to her credit as Doctor Zhivago, Big Fish, Hands On a Hardbody, The Anarchist, Chaplin, Leap of Faith, Superstar (2012), Lysistrata Jones, On A Clear Day (2011), Bonnie and Clyde, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, and many more.

In her favor, she has also been associated with some hits, including On Your Feet, Pippin (2013), How To Succeed (2011), and Memphis.
"

She is, so far as I know, a producer for hire/executive producer type. She ran Broadway Across America until  couple years ago and now seems to be doing the leg work for the creamer people who seem to have the absolute worst eye for what's good in history. 

FancyNacy
#26Will Tuck last through the summer ?
Posted: 5/5/16 at 10:25am

PJPan said: "I definitely anticipate a pre-Tonys closing. Friends who work on it aren't optimistic due to lagging ticket sales and a only one nomination (not one that'll bring people into the seats).

"See the people I know that are working on said everyone is much more positive about working hard to continue to spread the message of the show. I bet it lasts through summer and maybe even till Christmas. 

ghostlight2
#27Will Tuck last through the summer ?
Posted: 5/5/16 at 10:41am

"See the people I know that are working on said everyone is much more positive about working hard to continue to spread the message of the show. I bet it lasts through summer and maybe even till Christmas."

The company got "the talk" right after the Tony noms. "The talk" is when the producers tell the company how hard they are working to promote the show, and to keep their chins up - and it almost inevitably means the show will close within a month. I doubt Tuck will see June. You're working on a show that gets "the talk", you start looking for another job.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#28Will Tuck last through the summer ?
Posted: 5/5/16 at 10:43am

"See the people I know that are working on said everyone is much more positive about working hard to continue to spread the message of the show. I bet it lasts through summer and maybe even till Christmas."

Well, the people I know are all saying that the cast is depressed and eating too much and gaining weight.

I guess we all know different people...