pixeltracker

Musicals that you wish someone else had written- Page 2

Musicals that you wish someone else had written

Back Row
#25Musicals that you wish someone else had written
Posted: 5/25/16 at 8:49am

I seem to remember someone posting here that Jeremy Jordan sang the Frankel and Korie version of Finding Neverland's title song in his cabaret show last year. It's kind of surprising that hasn't shown up somewhere on the Internet. 

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#26Musicals that you wish someone else had written
Posted: 5/25/16 at 9:01am

I wish that Tom Kit or somebody with a penchant for rock music had written Rocky. 

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#27Musicals that you wish someone else had written
Posted: 5/25/16 at 9:01am

I wish that Tom Kit or somebody with a penchant for rock music had written Rocky. 

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#28Musicals that you wish someone else had written
Posted: 5/25/16 at 9:42am

"I would have loved Kander & Ebb to have written La Cage aux Folles."

"But would that have won the Tony Award over Sunday in the Park With George?"  

I expect so- and would have had a shot at the Pulitzer and Drama Desk Awards, too.  But  even if it had not been recognized in its first production, I am totally certain- like you are totally certain in your hypotheses- that it would have been revived like 'Chicago' to a rapturous welcome, and would have had an equally long run, and would have been made into a lucrative, Oscar-winning movie musical! 

Oh if only the producers had opted for Kander & Ebb...

After Eight
#29Musicals that you wish someone else had written
Posted: 5/25/16 at 9:48am

^

I'm glad they didn't.

After all, not only did it win the Tony for best musical over some pretentious, tuneless bore, it also won the Tony Award twice for best musical revival!

Not bad.

I'm sure they're happy with the composer they went with.

As am I.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#30Musicals that you wish someone else had written
Posted: 5/25/16 at 9:56am

There are some videos on youtube of the Frankel and Korie score of Finding Neverland and while it doesn't seem as intriguing as their score to Grey Gardens it definitely seems superior to that "contemporary" mess that's currently on broadway.