Dear Evan Hansen Tickets

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#1Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/17/16 at 9:45pm

I hope to get tickets and see Dear Evan Hansen this November. I have never been to The Belasco Theatre. For those who have seen this show, what seats would be best, orchestra up front or more in the middle? I appreciate your suggestions!

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#2Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/17/16 at 10:30pm

It's a pretty intimate show, so it might lose its charm if you are seated too far from the stage. I sat in the 4th row center for Blackbird and it was a very nice view. 

pushdabutton
#3Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 10:23am

Good to know Dancingthrulife2. I will try to buy within the first 10 rows of the orchestra. I know absolutely nothing about the show but have only heard positive reviews. Did you like it and would you recommend it?

10086sunset
#4Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 10:26am

They were put onsale last night so you can purchase them now.

barbraboy19902
#5Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 10:36am

I got tickets! They are on the very top row of the balcony in the center..are these seats ok?

TigerBait88 Profile Photo
TigerBait88
#6Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 12:45pm

Should I go for 3rd row (Row A) Orchestra the night I wanna go or should I go for 2nd row center in the mezzanine? Any advice? 

HSky
#7Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 1:18pm

I sat all over the theater at Arena Stage and didn't mind their balcony, but sat up close at 2ST. I prefer it closer to the stage (although there are projections, they don't really appear on the floor so you don't gain an advantage being positioned higher) at the same level as the stage. The changes for 2ST brought more staging downstage center, so pending any scenic changes, position doesn't really matter much center vs. sides. (Nothing should be obstructed.)

Nomusicalsforme
#8Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 1:40pm

Where were they put on sale? Ticketmaster didnt have them, neither did the website.

smidge
#9Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 1:44pm

Nomusicalsforme said: "Where were they put on sale? Ticketmaster didnt have them, neither did the website.

Last night on Telecharge

"

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#10Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 2:45pm

I prefer front mezz but that's just me. I normally go for the rush/lottery tix first during previews and if I like the show, I'll watch it again by buying the seat I want. For Hedwig, I made sure to buy a ticket in the front 2 rows!

rangersrule132
#11Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 3:50pm

Its probably just me but doesn't the Belasco feel as if it is a little too big for a show like this?

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#12Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 7:44pm

What's better at the Belasco, 3rd row center or front row mezz? Also, how is the leg room?

TigerBait88
#13Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 7:45pm

This was basically my question too haha

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#14Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 7:46pm

Anyone else having telecharge trouble? I've tried buying tickets several times now and the site won't fully load.

TigerBait88
#15Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 7:48pm

HenryTDobson said: "Anyone else having telecharge trouble? I've tried buying tickets several times now and the site won't fully load.

"

Site and seating selection seems to be working fine for me but haven't tried to go through the full checkout process yet. 

pushdabutton
#16Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 10:38pm

Can anyone give me a brief idea of what Dear Evan Hasen is about (no spoilers)? I have searched online and cannot find anything. 

asmith0307
#17Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 11:08pm

Basically, it is about a high school senior named Evan (played by Ben Platt) who is struggling connecting to anyone at school. His only real acquaintance is his mother's friend's son (Jared - played by Will Roland), who won't talk to him at school in the presence of others. Through an odd set of circumstances, Evan finds himself in the middle of a misconception when one of his classmates passes away suddenly. Instead of clearing up the confusion, he decides its his chance to be a part of something. His decision, and its implications, quickly begins to spiral out of control, especially in today's social media-heavy society. 

Updated On: 6/18/16 at 11:08 PM

pushdabutton
#18Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 11:27pm

Thanks for the description of what the show is about asmith0307. I just ordered tickets for November. I got 3rd row in the orchestra seats. I'm looking forward to the show as I have only heard positive things about it. Now I have to choose one other show to see while I am in NYC. At least I have some time to decide what else to see.

pushdabutton
#19Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 11:33pm

Has there been any plans to release a cast album? 

asmith0307
#20Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 11:35pm

pushdabutton said: "Thanks for the description of what the show is about asmith0307. I just ordered tickets for November. I got 3rd row in the orchestra seats. I'm looking forward to the show as I have only heard positive things about it. Now I have to choose one other show to see while I am in NYC. At least I have some time to decide what else to see."

You're welcome! There are quite a few shows in the fall as well as a few that haven't announced yet. We probably aren't going to see anything sold out like Hamilton is this season (though I hope a few are tough tickets - especially DEH), so you have some time.

asmith0307
#21Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 11:37pm

pushdabutton said: "Has there been any plans to release a cast album? "

There is nothing announced as of this moment, but you can stream an early version of "Waving Through a Window" online I believe. It is from before their Arena Stage run almost a year ago, and they have reworked it a little since then. I can try to find the link if you want. 

asmith0307
#22Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/18/16 at 11:45pm

Here it is! It is over a year old at this point and it is not the full song, but it should give you an idea!

They (meaning Ben and Laura Dreyfuss) recently were in the recording studio. It wasn't for a cast album, but some audio they are planning to use for promotional purposes. Maybe we will get an updated version soon?

https://soundcloud.com/arenastage-1/window-3minute

TigerBait88
#23Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/19/16 at 2:48am

Bought my 3rd row orchestra seats for New Year's night. Can't wait! 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#24Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/19/16 at 3:01am

Pushdabutton: look into Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812.  I felling love with it in Boston and can't wait to see it again.

As for an album, while it was at Second Stage, word was they were waiting for Broadway cast to be set.  Now it's just a waiting game.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#25Dear Evan Hansen Tickets
Posted: 6/19/16 at 7:24am

Got a ticket for the first preview! I'm really looking forward to them updating the old SAT study guide prop to the one for the redesigned SAT~