pixeltracker

Stage Dooring Differences from B'way to the West End- Page 2

Stage Dooring Differences from B'way to the West End

Allegra23
#25Stage Dooring Differences from B'way to the West End
Posted: 10/24/17 at 10:22am

I don't have any experience in non-celebrity plays in West End, but I once stage doored after a Jude Law play. There were only two other fans besides me waiting, and no security, no barricades, no nothing. This was a few years back though, so maybe things have changed since then. The whole thing was super calm and he was super nice, signed our tickets/programmes and took photos.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#26Stage Dooring Differences from B'way to the West End
Posted: 10/24/17 at 11:35am

I've only started going to London this year to see shows so this is just my recent experience.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - They definitely have security and barricades (at least for the first half, once it wraps around the corner, there's no more). They only stage door after Part 2 (which I hope they continue on Broadway).

Don Juan in Hell - As noted PepperedShepherd, this was slightly maddening. David Tennant was only stagedooring after evening performances so some people from the matinee came back. Luckily there was security and barricades. Security did say "No Photos" but David still took some. Security also said that if it got too crazy, they wouldn't let him come out.

The Glass Menagerie  - I knew someone in the show so I was just waiting for him, but there was no real stage door. As we were talking on the sidewalk, some people did come up to him to sign their programme and a couple did ask for a photo, but there was nothing officially set up as a stage door. The cast just came out of the alley.

Videos