News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sorano916

sorano916 Profile Photo
Member Name: sorano916
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Update on the Times Square Theatre  May 8 2024, 03:57:32 PM

bigbelterbaby said: "Someone in the other thread posted pics of the theatre on the inside from a few years ago. With enough money anything can happen. This building is just begging to be a theatre again and has lasted this long. It’s a like a ghost on 42nd street, Broadways Grey House."

That was me. I took a hard hat tour back in 2019, when the idea was to make it into a shopping center.

Photo Link

re: What Times Square Area Buildings Use To Be Theaters?  May 3 2024, 11:00:08 PM

In 2019, I was able to take a tour of the Times Square Theater. These are some photos. Apologies for the blurriness and bad angles on some of them. 

Production Assistants Query  Feb 28 2024, 04:33:46 PM

If you want to get your feet wet, look at the off-Bway and non-profit companies. They usually have job listings for Production Assistants. 

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Sep 30 2023, 07:15:34 PM

Miguel announced on his Instagram that his final performance as Hamilton is January 7. 

LINK

Public Theater Lays Off 19% of Staff  Jul 16 2023, 10:03:04 PM

Wick3 said: "I’m guessing the board approved Eustis’s salary and he earned and deserve it.

I did notice he turns 65 later this month. Do you think he will choose to retire soon?
"

I think he'll leave once his current contract is up. He knows that his time is coming up and will hopefully set up a non-cis white man as his predecessor 

RippedMan said: "I don't think their programming is the issue though. I mean

Public Theater Lays Off 19% of Staff  Jul 15 2023, 04:13:47 PM

binau said: "Looking a bit more closely at the statement from 14/15 (when Hamilton was produced), a couple interesting things I see (also I'm tired so feel free to scrutinise or correct mistakes - I don't want to pretend to be an expert). There are likely mistakes in the below and it's just for fun so do look critically.

7. I'm not sure I understand why, but 'occupancy' expenses have risen dramatically from 14/15 to 21/22. From $600k to $4.8 million

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Reopening Night Thread  Jul 11 2023, 01:20:00 AM

perfectlymarvelous said: "The SF production wasn't profitable, so I don't see why they'd open another sit-down production and alter another theatre in a city that's closer to New York if no one wanted to see it at a theatre fully across the country."

For the San Francisco run, I know that it first opened in Fall 2019 but then, of course, paused in Spring 2020 until January 2022 just to close in eight months later.

Was it not doing well befo

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Reopening Night Thread  Jul 10 2023, 03:43:24 PM

ColorTheHours048 said: "Tag said: "Ya but what the audience doesn't know, they won't miss.
Same goes for any downscaled tour.
(Although agreed, that this show would need to be significantly altered to tour)
"

I think what we’d see is more reviews pointing out how crappy the script is than we’ve seen thus far. Any tour that goes out would still have plenty of special effects, since that’s the production’s only real

MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread  Jun 26 2023, 12:10:18 PM

Sutton Ross said: "It hasn't changed, it's very weak. Are they sure they didn't mean his brother Corey City? Because he can sing beautifully and is actually sexy enough to be Christian.

Weird casting.
"

LOL. I had the same reaction. "Did they mean Corey and not Casey?" Eep.

Who are the Christian understudies these days? 

Here Lies Love Rush  Jun 23 2023, 12:53:08 AM

The online lottery now has two options - standing and seats. Both options are the same price, $39. Good for them on making that decision so that people can decide which they want.

West end stage door  May 4 2023, 11:45:18 AM

I saw "A Little Life" a few weeks ago. It's a long play and they had a matinee the next day. They do have barricades as well as security watching, noting that only those who attended the performances could stagedoor. They announced that they cast will only sign things that are related to the play (the program, the ticket, the book, etc.) and no one will be taking photos. The author was in town and saw the town that evening so the cast took a good while to come out. Of course, th

HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?  May 2 2023, 01:18:38 PM

Jaygee Macapugay will be the Imelda Alternate. She took over the role during the Public run after Ruthie left.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CrvsVsCuyT5/

Disney’s HERCULES at the Paper Mill Playhouse- P/reviews & News Thread  Feb 25 2023, 10:07:51 PM

So, I've seen it in the park back in 2019 as well as the Paper Mill, and I think they took elements from that production (with the community ensemble) and still tried it with a smaller ensemble. For example, the final fight worked when the village is like 50+ peeps... not as as impactful when it's like 15. Also, it just felt like it was missing heart. Like... "To Be Human" is actually a beautiful song but there just wasn't anything behind it when I heard it sang at Paper

FAT HAM will open on Broadway in Spring 2023 at the American Airlines (commercial production, not Roundabout)  Dec 5 2022, 02:01:58 PM

kurtal said: "I'm *very* excited about this. I caught this at the Public and thought it was excellent. I'll be interested to see if a) the cast stays the same; and b) if there are any textual changes. I thought there were a few scenes that could be tweaked or tightened to give it even more punch...I hope that James and the team are open to that."

It will be the same cast from the Public run. And from the Times article:

Ijames said he has made some

Ain't No Mo, The Collaboration or & Juliet  Dec 4 2022, 01:37:18 AM

Depends on what you're in the mood for. I don't know about "The Collaboration" but that's probably a more serious play. "Ain't No Mo'" is satirical and could be a little heavy but there are some hilarious moments as well. "& Juliet" is just a fun, jukebox musical.

BCEFA Fall Red Bucket Fundraising  Nov 27 2022, 02:43:34 AM

Nicole Kidman was at Music Man tonight and during the straw hat auction, when it was at like $19K, she offered $100K. 

& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?  Sep 7 2022, 01:26:59 AM

They just dropped "Roar" as a single on Spotify.
https://open.spotify.com/album/0wEN8TqULxad5bpNs7vBis?si=BKp9Yv4JTnyDrl4cynqJnQ
(let's see if that link works...)

And they'll be performing on America's Got Talent tonight (Wednesday) at 8pm.

SHAKESPEARE IN THE PARK LINE  Aug 9 2022, 03:09:24 PM

raddersons said: "Shaina Taub’s As You Like It begins performances tomorrow. Quite excited, I adored her Twelfth Night in 2019. Gotta say the scheduling seems tight given she JUST wrapped up making changes for Devil Wears Prada, but they’ve done the show before so I bet she just snaps back into it.

Will report tomorrow on the line.
"

Shaina isn't doing the first few performances. They mentioned her standby going on through Sunday's show on the website. https://publictheater.org/productions/season/2122/sitp/as-you-like-it/

All understandable and probably put in place because of Devil's scheduling.

SHAKESPEARE IN THE PARK LINE  Jun 22 2022, 06:47:09 PM

Pretty sure the weather has deterred people and it's the first week so you can probably still get tickets right now at the box office up until curtain. The performance tried to go yesterday but was cancelled after waiting out the rain for too long.

When I saw "Othello" a few years ago, they started and within maybe 10 minutes they stopped and held for like an hour & a half before finally finishing the show. Outdoor theater is very unpredictable. LOL.

Gaten Matarazzo Joining Broadway’s DEAR EVAN HANSEN  May 25 2022, 10:22:39 AM

He sang "Michael in the Bathroom" in this charity video from last year. Definitely more of a Jared. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You