Hamilton Tickets Cancelled?

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#1Hamilton Tickets Cancelled?
Posted: 12/5/16 at 7:28pm

I bought tickets to Hamilton back in early November when the new block of tickets were released for next October. I just received the following email from notification@ticketmaster.com

"Hi live event fan,

We absolutely love passionate fans, but unfortunately the number of tickets ordered for this event exceeded the Ticket Limit posted online at purchase. And when that happens, some or all of the tickets in the order are automatically canceled.

Tickets canceled for:

Hamilton
Richard Rodgers Theatre
Various Dates and Times 

To see which tickets you'll be getting, please check your order in My Account

Already got the tickets? Be sure to discard the ones that were canceled - their barcodes were voided and can't get you in!

P.S. Ticket limits give all fans a fair shot at seats. Learn more in our Purchase Policy.

Questions? Please reply to this email, or get answers right now

Thanks for being a fan.

Ticketmaster Fan Support"

Is this real? I only bought 5 tickets...

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#2Hamilton Tickets Cancelled?
Posted: 12/5/16 at 7:35pm

Did you see the previous thread on this topic? Not the same situation exactly, but there's good info there.

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1097352#4875664

Did they cancel all your tickets or just some?

Updated On: 12/5/16 at 07:35 PM

neonlightsxo
#3Hamilton Tickets Cancelled?
Posted: 12/6/16 at 9:37am

Yes, it's real. Did you buy all five in one transaction?

If I recall, the limit is 6. Someone successfully reached out to Baseline Theatrical in the other thread, so maybe try that if your purchase was within the limits.
Updated On: 12/6/16 at 09:37 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#4Hamilton Tickets Cancelled?
Posted: 12/6/16 at 10:02am

Ack. These threads are making me nervous. I have two sets of three tickets for a show in August, but as long as they only cancel one of the groups, that would be fine. I only did it when I was offered much better orchestra seats later...

#5Hamilton Tickets Cancelled?
Posted: 12/6/16 at 2:03pm

I'm in the same boat.  Got the same email yesterday.  I was within the limit of 6 tickets too, so I'm not really sure what happened.  They ended up canceling 4 of my tickets, so I got to keep 2.  Not sure if I feel like fighting it or if it will go anywhere.  Luckily, I haven't booked any travel yet.  Thinking of selling the 2 I got to keep now, and just seeing it in SF or LA.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#6Hamilton Tickets Cancelled?
Posted: 12/6/16 at 2:19pm

My theory, and it is just a theory from what I have observed, is that Ticketmaster has posted date ranges and ticket limits, but the producers, who I guess are Baseline Theatrical, are using different limits and dates. They obviously need to get on the same page!

Personally, I would fight it, because this isn't a good situation.

It's hurting average theatergoers who are buying tickets for family and friends. Updated On: 12/6/16 at 02:19 PM

neonlightsxo
#7Hamilton Tickets Cancelled?
Posted: 12/6/16 at 2:29pm

Baseline is the GM office not technically the producer, but yeah, the random cancelling is getting out of control.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#8Hamilton Tickets Cancelled?
Posted: 12/6/16 at 2:33pm

Thank you for that clarification, neonlightsxo!

Anna_Elizabeth Profile Photo
Anna_Elizabeth
#9Hamilton Tickets Cancelled?
Posted: 12/6/16 at 3:39pm

With the different U.S. productions, does anyone know if the 6 ticket limit applies to each production only, or a combination of the productions? And is it of the lifetime of the production, or within one year? Just curious.

neonlightsxo
#10Hamilton Tickets Cancelled?
Posted: 12/6/16 at 4:02pm

Per production, per block of tickets.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#11Hamilton Tickets Cancelled?
Posted: 12/6/16 at 4:46pm

And the block of tickets is clearly defined on the same page as the one with the map, where you purchase tickets for that particular performance. It's toward the top of the page, under Hamilton (NY), then the name and address of the theater and the time and date of the performance.

Right under that it says Onsale Times Price Range Ticket Limits. If you click on Ticket Limits, you can read all the details. It's very clear. That's why I don't understand why people who have been adhering to the posted limits are having tickets cancelled. It doesn't make sense.

Updated On: 12/6/16 at 04:46 PM

catalana3
#12Hamilton Tickets Cancelled?
Posted: 12/7/16 at 9:28am

If you had your tickets canceled, and wrongfully so, I encourage you to fight it with all your might. 

My tickets for Chicago were canceled and they eventually admitted that they confused my Chicago purchase with my Broadway purchase and restored my tickets. The first step is to bypass the first person you speak to and demand they escalate this issue to the "over ticket limit team." The first person I spoke to at Ticketmaster insisted that it was too late, that I did something wrong, and that my tickets had been released. After an hour of bugging him, he finally gave into escalating the issue. After speaking to several more people, my orders were finally restored without issue. I know others have had luck tweeting/messaging the CEO of Live Nation @rapino99. He seemed aware that this was an issue in Chicago and the guy from Ticketmaster even admitted to me that many orders had been accidentally canceled.