pixeltracker

China has ripped off The Book of Mormon- Page 2

China has ripped off The Book of Mormon

mpkie
#25China has ripped off The Book of Mormon
Posted: 2/4/17 at 3:15pm

John Adams said: "I also don't find the performance as readily available on the Internet as another poster has suggested (I googled, as directed, and came up with no hits)."

Really??? It's the first hit on Google with my suggested search parameters: http://shanghaiist.com/2017/01/24/book_of_mormon_ripoff.php

Here's the Youtube video itself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ila0uscl1sU

The performance in question gets intro'd around the 12:15 mark.

trpguyy
#26China has ripped off The Book of Mormon
Posted: 2/4/17 at 3:50pm

mpkie said: "trpguyy said: "Do you speak/understand Chinese Mandarin? Because if you don't you might not get that they really are just straight ripping it off. Also all the creepy undertone vibes... that would be difficult to pick up as well."

Unless they're trying to pas it off as an original composition, none of that is relevant.
If they did try to claim it as original, Misters Lopez, Parker, and Stone could attempt to take legal action. But much like this thread, it would only prove to be a colassal waste of time.

mpkie
#27China has ripped off The Book of Mormon
Posted: 2/4/17 at 6:42pm

trpguyy said: "Unless they're trying to pas it off as an original composition, none of that is relevant.
If they did try to claim it as original, Misters Lopez, Parker, and Stone could attempt to take legal action. But much like this thread, it would only prove to be a colassal waste of time.
"

I no longer know what we're talking about anymore. Not being able to understand a language to actually fully take in what is being presented is now not relevant, sure...

I don't even have a personal position, just making an observation. It certainly seems like a rip-off, rather than an intended spoof, and it super creepy (because it has a total absence of satire unlike the original song). And all of that is pretty hilarious!

It's not like there's anything to be "done" about it and I never said there should be.

Tangsi
#28China has ripped off The Book of Mormon
Posted: 6/25/18 at 8:10pm

It’s actually a talent show on tv, similar to america's got talent. The winner will have chance to perform on New Year’s Eve ceremony, which is the biggest thing on tv in China, similar to Super Bowls halftime show. I don’t know how copyright/licensing law works, but I do see lots competitors in talent shows sing existed songs. Don’t think it consider as rip off.

Videos