News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mpkie

Member Name: mpkie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Santino Fontana and Judy Kuhn in I can get it for you wholesale  Jun 9 2023, 01:45:51 PM

Not sure why people are being a bit mean about Santino. The OG cast members who sat behind me were talking about how he was out because of COVID. I make a point to see every show he's in, and I've never seen an understudy on for him till Goodbye Girl. If he could have helped it, I'm sure he would have been there.

TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)  Oct 28 2021, 06:40:33 PM

Funny, I was just wondering how this show could survive. I went for Adrienne Warren, but she was out, so I was super bummed. I wasn't a fan at all, the pacing is awkward and a mess. Nkeki is technically proficient but her voice is grating on Tina's songs. I think she's talented, just wrong for the role.

The show just isn't good storytelling, and nothing else was interesting enough to distract from a bad book. In the middle of the first act I wanted it to be over. It did

I regret not seeing...  Oct 29 2020, 05:10:13 PM
Topping the list:

1) We Will Rock You in London - I was living there at the time closing was announced, am a massive Queen fan, and somehow it didn't occur to me to buy a ticket once I learned it was closing
2) Neil Patrick Harris in Hedwig and the Angry Inch
3) Prodigal Son on Off-Broadway, so I could have seen Timothée Chalamet before his star turn in the film Call My By Your Name. Would have been nice to see him before he was famous

Also:
4) My phone because I ac

Would you pay extra to stage door  Aug 20 2020, 09:21:31 PM

I love the stage door and have done it a lot. It's turned some okay theater nights into a great nights, and I've become fans of certain actors after visiting stage door because of how they interacted, otherwise wouldn't have remembered their names.

No actor is obligated to do it, so I always feel thankful when they do. I'm courteous and respectful and I never say anything worse than "great show!" even if I didn't enjoy anyone's performance. T

White Guy Calls "Avenue Q" Racist  Jun 8 2020, 09:55:08 PM

As a fellow Asian American female, hear hear Ann Harada! Hear, hear!

(wish there was a screenshot of the post though!)

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts  Jun 3 2020, 07:07:19 PM

I know they don't want or need it but I hope that Seth and James get some sort of special award to formally recognize their consistent a-mah-zing-ness -- channeling positivity through art, increasing social awareness and social actions, using their platform to do good and amplify voices, and producing very tangible results.

Griffin Matthews’ Post  Jun 3 2020, 12:33:26 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "I'm interested to see if any discourse comes of his last statement aboutBook of Mormon. I always viewed it as a parody of "white savior" narratives."

I actually came to see if anyone could expound on this. Or I hope he shares a follow-up. His video was super powerful and I was all but ready to share it until he decided to drop this offhanded remark. So I didn't. I want to hear more of his thoughts on it. My conc

Lea Michele Twitter  Jun 3 2020, 12:13:34 PM

A previous poster asked, "How hard is it to write a simple apology?" Well, I think writing a public apology for being a sh***y person is probably pretty hard.

By no means defending her -- her behavior described by her colleagues is abhorrent -- but I suggest giving her the chance to show change in behavior. I don't know what is gained by further criticizing her apology and acting like she is irredeemable.

Yes, the apology has A LOT of qualifiers and I have

INDECENT Will Be Filmed For BroadwayHD  Apr 10 2020, 09:59:23 PM

Loved this play. Sad I missed it live. But the professional recording was so well done, sometimes I forget that I didn't see it live.

Frozen 2  Apr 10 2020, 11:35:17 AM

I didn't care for either movie -- I thought this one was more entertaining but somehow worse as a movie and a musical movie... The lyrics were so corny. I'm really glad Groff got a full solo but that song felt very cringey to me. I really am not a fan of the Lopezes' work. I do want to say the animation was incredible. So stunning. Every scene I was like, god, that's beautiful. The animation really did take my breath away from the character design, to scenery, etc. Loved Olaf's part as usually (honestly I will watch ANYTHING for Olaf).

I sat through the entire credits to hear all the "pop" versions of the songs. I got a huge kick when I recognized Weezer.

But seriously... bring back, Hans 

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts  Apr 10 2020, 12:46:01 AM

uncageg said: "The Spring Awakening reunion was fun. Lillie Cooper sang her face off! Lea Michelle did not take part though."

I absolutely loved this, definitely got a bit chaotic, and I wished it went on for longer. It's the second time Groff's been on the show and he still hasn't done a performance sadly. Gideon needs to do a performance too. S.I.T.H. should do a Seymours show and bring them plus Jeremy back and do some LSOH songs.

I would have b

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts  Apr 8 2020, 08:08:40 PM

ACL2006 said: "Seth has stated how tiring this is for him & James. They're also doing Sirius XM radio in the morning as well. I wonder if it might be best for them to go dark one day a week(Monday?)."

I fully support them cutting back. I don't want Seth and James to tire out and even remotely resent this beautiful thing they have created. I'd love for them to keep the 8pm if possible. I fully support if they have alternate hosts as well

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts  Apr 8 2020, 08:01:15 PM

Tag said: "You can basically watch the whole Randy Rainbow episode in these two parts:

PART 1

PART 2
"

Thank you!!! Randy couldn't see Seth teeing it up and his reaction to Patti was so pure! Protect Randy at all costs.

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts  Apr 6 2020, 09:37:33 AM

I'm sad, I love Randy Rainbow. I can't believe they deleted it (I'm sure they can't either lol). I was excited to tune in live but my friends asked me to host our virtual game night at 8pm instead of earlier. And I thought, no problem, I can watch it after the live stream... I kept looking for it after our virtual game night concluded. Anyway, I'm glad they salvaged some of it and will watch it today. I'm going to tell my friends 9pm from now on since they don't wa

"Everything's going to be fine" from Moulin Rouge & Friends  Apr 2 2020, 07:13:05 PM

So much cringe

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts  Mar 30 2020, 01:50:51 PM

I just have to say Seth and James are the kind of every day heroes we need, for the rest of us lucky enough to be healthy and safely quarantined at home.

They won't run out of performers to feature and guests have a tendency to come back. For instance, Kristin Chenoweth agreed to do it every Saturday night -- she'll be on for the third time this upcoming weekend. They have more and more ideas, too. Like their non-Broadway reunions. And the auction items will keep money flo

Audience Rewards  Mar 2 2020, 06:26:27 PM

Caye2 said: "Thanks for the info, Miles2Go2! But if you get your ticket from TKTS, you get an actual printed ticket, correct? From my experience, Audience Rewards only allows you to enter order numbers to request Missing Points. Where do you find the order number on a printed ticket?"

Hi Caye2 - you can find the order number on the TKTS receipt. They should be providing you one to confirm your payment, otherwise ask for it. Order numbers do not appear on physica

The Minutes Lottery  Mar 1 2020, 07:43:32 PM

I just googled Telecharge Order Status and clicked on the first link (https://www.telecharge.com/orderstatus.aspx)

Then you enter your email and the order number and it shows your seat. Great tip.

I got Balcony B107 -- dead center balcony second row. I don't usually like to sit that far/high up but surprisingly good view. Another short person sat in front of me, and she never learned forward, so it worked out great.

"LaGuardia Sushi" Skit on SNL  Mar 1 2020, 07:36:27 PM

Jake was probably suspended up there after his part for the rest of the skit, right? Because he descended from the same location. That somehow makes it even better.

Bowen needs to be in more singing sketches because he sounded great. As a fellow profiled Asian, his parody was particularly funny. I'm getting over a cold and constantly scared of coughing on the train. Fortunately I haven't yet because I spent a few days working from home and am mostly recovered -- just

MEAN GIRLS To Welcome Social Media Star Cameron Dallas For Four Week Run  Feb 10 2020, 01:47:22 AM

Sometimes I feel so damn lucky to be alive when I get to witness magic happen on stage. It makes me feel like I'm glowing. This is the opposite of that feeling. I bought this ticket months ago. Finding out that I came SO close to not having to deal with this bull?! That enrages me.

Every time he was on stage, I begged, "Please don't sing. Please don't sing." I wish I could have seen an understudy. I was mortified by the assault on my ears. Enough that "I want

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You