pixeltracker

IMDb closing their message board, thoughts?- Page 2

IMDb closing their message board, thoughts?

Xman8 Profile Photo
Xman8
#25IMDb closing their message board, thoughts?
Posted: 2/5/17 at 8:11pm

I loved using the iMDB message boards for many reasons. To read the opinions of people who have seen the movies; to share my favorite episodes of a TV show; to share my favorite moments of a movie and also to contribute to any material that can't be found online.

For example, many years back on the message boards for "the Garbage Pail Kids Movie" many users were in dire need for the soundtrack of the movie as was I. I managed to have found someone on the Yahoo auction site selling their vinyl of the soundtrack, which is one of the rarest vinyls out there. I bought it and had someone rip the tracks into a CD. I used the CD and uploaded the songs to a share site and spread the wealth on the message board. It was awesome seeing the gratitude of people. So if you ever encounter any songs from the movie on YouTube, I am most likely the reason why it can be shared.

Another memorable thread was the Grandpa Joe post from Willy Wonka...its an absolute blast to read someone's editorial on how Grandpa Joe is one of the most despicable characters from Willy Wonka. The message boards were a fond memory I had and made up for 35% of an experience i have with movies.

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#26IMDb closing their message board, thoughts?
Posted: 2/5/17 at 9:21pm

Sunny11 said: "What is their biggest driver of traffic if not the message board though?

"

I suspect film info draws the traffic. (I don't want to call it trivia, because I've been watching films for over a half-century and I need the help.)

I didn't even know IMDB had message boards until 3 minutes ago when I started reading this thread.