pixeltracker

Elsie Fest: October 8, 2017- Page 2

Elsie Fest: October 8, 2017

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#26Elsie Fest: October 8, 2017
Posted: 10/9/17 at 11:39am

Went to this with a friend on a free ticket and was pleasantly surprised - this really isn’t my thing at all but I had a good time and some beer, so it was a win/win.

I’m not too familiar with Jeremy Jordan, but I found him enjoyable. Lea Michele is best with your eyes closed - she’s a lovely woman but the faces she makes are atrocious.

Alan Cumming and Norm Lewis are clearly in leagues of their own. Keala as well - I hate the trite song but love the performance. She’s a star.

Darren was clearly the most comfortable with the stage - he’s the only one that really used it. Some interesting song choices from him. I didn’t know he wrote songs as well and his own were the highlight- but I’m not a Disney fan. 

Ingrid is amazing as well, though I was hoping for some Comet. 

I wasn’t a fan of the venue, I’ll admit. A chair would have been lovely. Also not a fan of the Marie’s Crisis singalongs - I came to hear people who can sing.

Jjohansan
#27Elsie Fest: October 8, 2017
Posted: 10/9/17 at 1:53pm

I have to say Ingrid Michaelson's rendition of "Somewhere That's Green" was definitely the highlight of the night. She began by saying that she lost her father recently and that it was one of his all time favorite songs. She was crying by the end of the song and had the audience in tears.