News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jjohansan

Member Name: Jjohansan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
 Jul 16 2018, 11:50:37 AM

Still no official word on who the next Fiyero is?

Skintight (previews)
 Jun 12 2018, 11:18:24 AM

I've been lurking on the website for the past couple of days trying to find some good seats, and it seems like a lot of center orchestra seats are released last minute (within 24 hours of the performance)..Does this have something to do with Roundabout allowing subscribers to exchange their tickets?

Tony Awards 2018 Winner Predictions Thread
 May 2 2018, 03:39:02 PM

Best Musical
The Band’s Visit
Frozen
Mean Girls
SpongeBob SquarePants: The Musical

Best Revival of a Musical
My Fair Lady
Once On This Island
Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Carousel

Best Book of Musical
The Band’s Visit: Itamar Moses
Frozen: Jennifer Lee
Mean Girls: Tina Fey
SpongeBob SquarePants: The

The Next Great Broadway Revival
 Apr 25 2018, 10:35:27 AM

I would LOVE to see a Gypsy revival starring Idina Menzel

Katharine McPhee Stagedoor
 Apr 15 2018, 05:38:24 PM

I was in no way saying anything negative about the way in which she stage doored. That is how she handled the stage door on the night I went, so I answered the question with what I observed.

yankeefan7 said: ""I went to the show her second night and the answer is...kind of. She came out and signed for about every fourth person waiting and would try to ignore people asking for pictures, only posing for one if they kept asking (yelling) for one. All in all I would say she w

Katharine McPhee Stagedoor
 Apr 15 2018, 04:56:36 PM

I went to the show her second night and the answer is...kind of. She came out and signed for about every fourth person waiting and would try to ignore people asking for pictures, only posing for one if they kept asking (yelling) for one. All in all I would say she was signing for a total of five minutes before leaving.

Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
 Apr 12 2018, 03:52:49 PM

Saw the show last night and was thoroughly impressed with McPhee. She's not doing anything stellar in terms of acting, but it is definitely good enough. Her voice is perfect for the role and she truly does soar in all of the songs. I was actually shocked at how weak the other two ladies were, especially being that they have both been in the show for a while now. 

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
 Mar 18 2018, 01:37:56 PM

Saw the production a couple nights ago and absolutely adored it! There are definitely a few moments that need to be ironed out, most notably Billy's death scene. It all seemed to happen so quickly and the moment did not really hit emotionally until about half way through "You'll Never Walk Alone". I found Jessie to be the most forgettable of the leads. She definitely wasn't terrible, but nothing she did really stood out to me. Joshua Henry's performance, while a bit

Ariana Grande Wicked?
 Mar 5 2018, 08:43:04 AM

Jingjo2 said: "I don't think Wicked need any stunt casting.

I would love to see Ariana as Glinda in the movie tho, and possiblyDemi Lovato as Elphaba.
"

Demi as Elphaba is an inspired idea. I would even rather see her like do the role on Broadway. 

Ariana Grande Wicked?
 Mar 4 2018, 08:18:54 PM

I truly hope this is not true. As a big fan of Grande I will be the first to admit that she is not suited to play Elphaba. Also, Wicked does not need to resort to stunt casting to stay afloat.

Book Of Mormon Reference Update
 Jan 5 2018, 12:23:40 AM
The President of the Church of Jesus Christ has recently passed away, and the Russell M. Nelson has been named the new president. Do you think the “Thomas Monson speaks directly to god” line in “I Believe” of the Book of Mormon will be updated?
This film critic gave zero F**** about the embargo
 Dec 21 2017, 01:17:14 PM

Just watched an interview that Keala and Hugh did where Keala mentions that Shoshana Bean did the demo for "This is Me"..Boy am I hoping that recording surfaces at some point

Ranking Live TV Musicals, including A Christmas Story Live
 Dec 18 2017, 04:40:34 PM

1) Grease

2) Hairspray

3) The Sound of Music

4) The Wiz

5) Peter Pan

6) A Christmas Story

Annaleigh Ashford #OutOfOz
 Nov 28 2017, 01:12:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AltwLBARHTc

Definitely one of my favorites of the series. Loved the orchestration and hearing the jazzier side of Ashford's voice.

Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
 Nov 14 2017, 03:56:42 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Did anyone get to see her? How was she?"

Nothing special.

The Mad Ones (previously
 Nov 11 2017, 03:16:55 PM
I should preface this by saying that I do enjoy Kerrigan and Lowdermilk’s work. However, I found the show to be very underwhelming. The whole show felt like the characters standing in front of us explaining what is going on, rather than showing. The songs were fantastic, but the book needs a lot of work. I almost feel like the show would work better as a song cycle of sorts. The book scenes really didn’t do anything for the story.
Need Brigadoon Tickets
 Nov 11 2017, 03:13:14 PM
Not guaranteed but City Center is doing a twitter contest for a free pair of tickets to the closing performance of the show. Just have to retweet the video.
The Mad Ones (previously
 Nov 9 2017, 08:06:38 PM

Just bought my tickets for tomorrow night's performance! Very excited!!

Matthew Bourne's THE RED SHOES
 Nov 1 2017, 11:37:19 AM

backwoodsbarbie said: "Is there a list somewhere of who who performs the lead roles in each show? I haven't seen one on their website, butI want to see Sara Mearns."

The leads are listed on the City Center website in the drop down menu for each specific performance.

Infamous Scam Artist?
 Oct 20 2017, 01:02:07 PM

Last night at KPOP I witnessed a woman being denied entry because apparently she is known for finding ways to get into shows for free by making a scene and demanding to speak to higher ups, and then be obnoxious during the shows? Apparently there is a documentary about her and she has been banned from many theatres? Just wondering if anyone has heard of her before, and if they could provide more context.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You