BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule

musicalprophet Profile Photo
musicalprophet
#1BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 12/12/17 at 10:19am

The schedule for BroadwayCon was released a few days agohttp://www.broadwaycon.com/schedule

So far, it looks it's going to be more fan-focused than the previous two years....more meetups, autograph/photo sessions, and a lot more fan-led discussions and panels.

Who else is going?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 12/12/17 at 10:22am

Haven't gotten my ticket yet, but I plan to!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#3BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 12/12/17 at 11:08am

It's not surprising that the three days are more fan-focused, since they are now implementing an "industry day" on Thursday. It will be interesting to see if they continue with that model moving forward for future Cons!

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#4BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 12/12/17 at 11:54am

I'm going. Should be interesting. I hope we still get some of the industry stuff.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#5BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 12/12/17 at 1:11pm

I am doing a presentation on being autistic in the theatre world, but I don't know which day it'll be on. Once I know, I'll share...and I hope you'll attend! :)

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

musicalprophet Profile Photo
musicalprophet
#6BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 12/12/17 at 1:25pm

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "I amdoing a presentation on being autistic in the theatre world, but I don't know which day it'll be on. Once I know, I'll share...and I hope you'll attend! :)"

if it's on saturday, I will!

Altodette
#7BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 12/13/17 at 12:09pm

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "I amdoing a presentation on being autistic in the theatre world, but I don't know which day it'll be on. Once I know, I'll share...and I hope you'll attend! :)"

Very cool!  I'll add your presentation to my schedule.

Altodette
#8BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 12/13/17 at 12:12pm

musicalprophet said:

"So far, it looks it's going to be more fan-focused than the previous two years....more meetups, autograph/photo sessions, and a lot more fan-led discussions and panels.

Who else is going?
"

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed to see more "fan" stuff.  I realize that part of the purpose of the con is to bring people together, especially those who do not have fellow fans in their hometown.  I guess I'd better get cozy in the mainstage to see my favorite musical theatre stars.

Dollypop
#9BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 12/13/17 at 3:26pm

Once again the luminous Loretta Swit has been overlooked. This is surely a conspiracy!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#10BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 12/13/17 at 3:29pm

Dollypop said: "Once again the luminous Loretta Swit has been overlooked. This is surely a conspiracy!"

Maybe she keeps turning them down?

Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#11BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 12/13/17 at 4:39pm

Thank you SO much, Altodette and musicalprophet! I'll keep you guys posted.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#12BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 12/15/17 at 5:32pm

UPDATE: I can confirm that my presentation will take place on Sunday the 28th at 11am!

More details to follow...

BroadwayNoob
#13BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 12/16/17 at 9:55pm

This is my first year going. How do you enter the autograph/photo lotteries?

TalentedButHumble
#14BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 1/11/18 at 2:27pm

Does anyone have an inside explanation of why the approach changed this year? I was tempted to attend the first two years, but even with newer additions to so-called fan days, it doesn't seem worth it for all the expense to travel from out of state.

Are some of the big names originally announced as participants only taking part in the industry day? I don't see them under any Fri.-Sun. panels.

I just find the purpose to be a little unfocused this year.

ahhrealmonsters
#15BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 1/11/18 at 2:34pm

I looked into the industry day, and it's all about connecting to/interacting with fans. Definitely not the content I was expecting. I thought it would be about the general industry, not fan relations.

Dollypop
#16BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 1/11/18 at 2:39pm

haterobics said: "Dollypop said: "Once again the luminous Loretta Swit has been overlooked. This is surely a conspiracy!"

Maybe she keeps turning them down?
"

Oh no! She WANTS to participate but she keeps being overlooked because she's Polish.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

LizzieCurry
#17BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 1/11/18 at 2:42pm

TalentedButHumble said: "Does anyone have an inside explanation of why the approach changed this year? I was tempted to attend the first two years, but even with newer additions to so-called fan days, it doesn't seem worth it for all the expense to travel from out of state.

Are some of the big names originally announced as participants only taking part in the industry day? I don't see them under any Fri.-Sun. panels.

"

Same here, and I wonder what the connection is (if any) with losing Playbill as a sponsor.

ren598
#18BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 1/12/18 at 1:45pm

Glad to see there’ll be performances from current shows on the schedule and not just panels. More of that please.

BroadwayBrat
#19BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 1/12/18 at 6:40pm

I am going!  I am coming down from Boston.  It's my first time and I hope I enjoy it.  I am not sure how I feel about the new focus, but I am seeing two shows while in the city, so either way it will be a good weekend.   

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#20BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 1/12/18 at 7:54pm

TalentedButHumble said: "Does anyone have an inside explanation of why the approach changed this year? I was tempted to attend the first two years, but even with newer additions to so-called fan days, it doesn't seem worth it for all the expense to travel from out of state.

"

What names are you referring to? And they always are adding and changing things. Also some people who were booked originally may end up cancelling due to job opportunities or personal reasons.  

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

LizzieCurry
#21BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 1/13/18 at 8:35pm

Yes, but this year seems a little more haphazard than the last two.

Lucky Mom2 Profile Photo
Lucky Mom2
#22BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 1/16/18 at 5:00pm

Did anyone that's going get their lottery picks yet? They were supposed to be sent yesterday then I got wrong ones on Friday, then I got an email saying the correct ones would be sent today. Definitely not feeling like its very well organized.

Emmaloucbway
#23BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 1/16/18 at 5:25pm

I'm still waiting to hear my lottery picks as well. But yes they did email us last week saying they would be sent today.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#24BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 1/16/18 at 8:52pm

I checked my eventbrite account for those because I hadn't gotten any emails and was wondering. Fingers crossed that they aren't wrong.

I got autograph session tickets for Donna Murphy and Alex Brightman.

The schedule for panels does seem to be getting better now. At first seeing mostly autograph and photo booth sessions with sing alongs and Playbill and ribbon trading, I was getting worried about being bored. Now, not so much.

Lucky Mom2 Profile Photo
Lucky Mom2
#25BroadwayCon 2018 Schedule
Posted: 1/17/18 at 10:47am

I got my tickets via email, YAY! Happy with the sessions but got some for the same times, wonder if I should return the ones I can't use?

I'm definitely going to Sierra Bogess, Chris McCarrell, James Snyder, Anthony Rapp.

Videos