pixeltracker

Official Recordings of Broadway show are eligible for The National Flim registry and Criterion collection apparently

Official Recordings of Broadway show are eligible for The National Flim registry and Criterion collection apparently

Oldies m
#1Official Recordings of Broadway show are eligible for The National Flim registry and Criterion collection apparently
Posted: 8/29/18 at 4:22pm

(SORRY IF I ALREADY POSTED THIS BUT I DIDN'T SEE IT SHOW UP IN THE FEED AND I THINK I MIGHT HAVE NOT POSTED THIS EARLIER Official Recordings of  Broadway show are eligible for The National Flim registry and Criterion collection apparently

Anyway,So I asked some from the Criterion Collection and the National Film Registry and they said it is possible for Archival recordings to become to be added to their collections. The person Criterion said you can suggest any want, and The National flim registry person said they have never been suggested, But if it's shot on film and not intended for like Television it most likely counts, and worth a shot on nominating them.I asume they would both prefer the musicals and plays that haven't gotten a film adaption though.

With the Criterion collection it is a big deal as it could possibly mean high quality 4k remasters of classic broadway classics or even flops that have never gotten a release!! The only problem they would have is finding a Good Official Recoding of The Show, And the only place that would have a recording of the show is The New York Public Library, Which as we all know TOFT is very restrictive about letting their recordings be disputed.But I think with the creditability and prestige of the Criterion with a little persuasion and Permission of the original director and producers /thier Estate it is very much possible they could get permission of both.

Here are some musicals I would love in either or both, and would suggest that you suggest that to them.

Starlight Express(Criterion)

Cats(Both)

Avenue Q(both)

Sunday in the Park with George(Flim registry)

Mose Murders If such Recording exists ( Criterion)

Miss Saigon(flim registry)

links

National film registry survey :https://www.research.net/r/national-film-registry-2017

Criterion Collection suggestion Email: suggestions@criterion.com