DEH in LA

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#25DEH in LA
Posted: 11/19/18 at 7:40pm

I too finally got to see DEH after all the hype and, surprisingly, was not in the least disappointed. I didn't see Ben Platt, but I've listened to the album often enough and Ben Levi Ross is the better singer. The rest of the cast were fine.

We were the guests of a friend who has 6th row center tix. She tix as a gift for us in Row 15 or so. Then, as she so often does, she left at intermission and gave us her tix for Act 2.

It was certainly nice to sit close for the Act with all the emotional ballads, but in general the show looked better--i.e., the projections were less distracting--from Row 15. It was somewhat distracting to be so close and to have my eye drawn by social media projections that moved at a distance from the actors during key moments.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#26DEH in LA
Posted: 11/20/18 at 2:02am

I got to see it on it's first week here in LA and loved it. I went alone. My boyfriend and I have literally done the online lottery 12 times now; it's on its last week. I doubt we will win. I'm sure the tour will come back to LA in the near future. He'll get to see it then. Tickets are impossible to get.

Jocelyn3
#27DEH in LA
Posted: 11/20/18 at 9:23pm

^^^Tickets not totally impossible. Sent you a PM. 

Updated On: 11/20/18 at 09:23 PM