News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JoseLee_

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
Member Name: JoseLee_
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas  Jan 20 2020, 11:54:06 PM

RemlapLBC said: "JoseLee_ said: "Ive seen all the Cirque shows in Vegas in 2 years.
My order:

There's a new Cirque show called R.U.N. @ Luxor I needa go see it.
"

No you don't. RUN is awful. I mean so bad, I would encourage you to turn down free tickets if offered. It is a shame to have Cirque du Soleil's name on it.

Beyond that, I agreed with your post except I would rank Love higher than MJ.

Also if we&#

Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas  Jan 20 2020, 09:28:17 PM
Ive seen all the Cirque shows in Vegas in 2 years.
My order:
1. Le Reve: The Dream @ Wynn (not Cirque but its the best show in Vegas)
2. O @ Bellagio (I literally cried cause how amazing it was)
3. Mystere @ Treasure Island (this is Cirques longest running Vegas show. I had super low expectations but wow was I wrong. This show was PHENOMENAL)
4. KA @ MGM (yes its a spectacle but its kind of boring at times. I sat in the 3rd row center maybe If I sat further away, Id like it

BEST MUSICAL 2020  Jan 16 2020, 07:50:41 PM
Hopefully Sing Street, Moulin Rouge, or Six (the order of my favorites, Sing Street being #1)
Frozen Tour  Jan 8 2020, 03:41:33 PM
Going for a second time this friday.
If you collect Broadway windowcards (posters) like me just letting you know that they dont sell them.
What's annoying is that on ticketmaster you can pay for a "VIP package" and they give you a merch bag with the ticket which INCLUDES THE POSTER. I asked If I could buy one and they said that they're only for the people who paid for the VIP package.
I bought my windowcard on playbill.com for $33 (with tax & shipping).
Show is great. Leads are

Favorite Stephen Sondheim Musical...  Dec 11 2019, 03:23:05 AM

I like but not love his shows. I love certain songs from Follies, Company, Into the Woods, Sweeney Todd, Sunday in the Park with George.

I do love Gypsy and West Side Story (he only did the lyrics)

Best touring production you have ever seen?  Oct 30 2019, 04:23:22 AM

Most memorable to me:

Jekyll & Hyde 2013 revival tour with Deborah Cox

Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Wizard of Oz 2013

Evita 2013 tour with Caroline Bowman & Josh Young

Priscilla Queen of the Desert 2013 tour

Pippin 2015 tour with Matthew James Thomas & Andrea Martin

Newsies 2015 tour

Cabaret 2016 tour

Hedwig and the Angry Inch 2016 tour with Darren Criss & Lena Hall (saw her as Hedwig too)

The King and I 2016 tour

Idina Menzel - Skintight at Geffen  Sep 11 2019, 02:45:24 AM

I've seen it twice already here in LA. I love Joshua Harmon plays and obsessed with Idina Menzel. I actually love the play. It's really interesting and makes it hard to be on anyone's side. Idina is giving a great performance. The set is gorgeous too. If we're comparing his plays: Bad Jews #3, Skintight #2, then Significant Others #1. I love all of them.

If you get the chance dont miss out.

At the Geffen 30 minutes before EVERY performance they sell rush tickets

SIX (finally) headed to Broadway?  Aug 1 2019, 04:00:18 PM

Mister Matt said: "JUST TAKE ALL MY MONEY. I haven't been this obsessed and excited about a show since I saw the original cast of Rent in 1996."

A bit dramatic lol

Should Six Transfer?  May 20 2019, 11:32:40 PM

From listening to the cast recording and trailers, it's giving me "Altar Boyz" tease. 

Aladdin at Segerstrom Center  Mar 24 2019, 12:00:30 PM
I like the musical but its definetly for kids. Its super cheesey. I've seen it 4 times over the 5 years it's been out.
CENTER THEATER GROUP - Worst Season Ever?  Mar 4 2019, 09:04:37 AM
The Pantages has BEEN the premiere Broadway house in LA. Its the only theatre in LA which Ive had season tickets to for 10 years now. All other theatres you can snag cheap tickets for. The pantages is never cheap.

I wont happen but Id still to see Sunset Boulevard with Glenn Close even is its only a short run.

BEN PLATT Music Tour  Feb 13 2019, 02:42:54 AM

I don't know how "famous" he is or how "famous" he think he is, but does he really think he can sell out the Dolby Theatre here in Hollywood/LA (3,400 seats) ??? Not even other Broadway leads like Darren Criss, Kristin Chenoweth, Bernadette Peters, nor Idina Menzel pick venues THAT big to tour. Good luck. The venue shocked me, not going to lie. I hope his first tour goes great. He is very talented.

Great West End Musicals  Feb 9 2019, 07:31:56 PM
Billy Elliot
Les Miserables
The Phantom of the Opera
Sunset Boulevard
Cats
Blood Brothers
Matilda
Oliver
Mamma Mia
We Will Rock You
Evita
Ghost
Honk
Jerry Springer
Kiss of the Spider Woman

"Great"..is up to debate. These are just from the top of my head.

Into the Woods at The Hollywood Bowl  Feb 7 2019, 01:39:47 AM
Everyone gets so offended on here now lol relax.
Into the Woods at The Hollywood Bowl  Feb 6 2019, 05:02:53 PM
I'm so over this musical already. It's been produced WAY TOO MUCH. The music is gorgeous but so boring. People who aren't into musicals love the fairtale aspect but hate the music. I should know because i took my family to the recent tour. They all were mad at me for taking them lol

Well.. i hope they cast great actors who can also SING.

SOFT POWER at the Public  Feb 6 2019, 01:26:33 PM
I actually loved Soft Power. I also got to see it twice in LA. The score, set design, choreography, acting and singing was great. Yes the book needed some work but i still thought it was brilliant. It's nothing like ive ever seen before. I hope they keep the same cast, especially the actress who played Hillary Clinton. She stole the show for me. I need a cast recording to belt out "democracy".
2019-2020 Touring Season  Feb 5 2019, 10:49:03 AM
I really don't wanna see Jimmy Buffetts musical. That music is horrible in my opinion. Also, for the dolby seats: i got pushed back 3 rows.. (at the dolby thats a lot) and instead of being 2nd seat from the aisle im now 5th... kind of annoying when i wanna get out faster. Also wish Hamilton was part of the season... they made us pay when Book of Mormon came for the 2nd time. Also daaaaammmm, its so expensive. 8 shows for $1,256
RENT Live on Fox  Jan 28 2019, 03:04:30 PM

CarlosAlberto said: "JoseLee_ said: "DottieD'Luscia said: "@JoseLee, as an audience member, when did they let you know that things wouldn't be going on as originally planned?"

The producer Marc Platt and director Michael Groeff told us 5 minutes before the live show. Which was 5pm for us here in LA. Then they made the cast go around shaking our hands around the whole stage. The hype guy was like "don't worry act 10 WILL BE LIVE&

RENT Live on Fox  Jan 28 2019, 02:05:16 PM

DottieD'Luscia said: "@JoseLee, as an audience member, when did they let you know that things wouldn't be going on as originally planned?"

The producer Marc Platt and director Michael Groeff told us 5 minutes before the live show. Which was 5pm for us here in LA. Then they made the cast go around shaking our hands around the whole stage. The hype guy was like "don't worry act 10 WILL BE LIVE"... lol it was such a joke. The cast was trying so har

RENT Live on Fox  Jan 28 2019, 11:53:21 AM
I was there..what a terrible and waste of time situation. We all waited in the hot sun for 3 to 4 hours before getting into the studio then someone people (me included) stood for the whole 3 hours in the pit...just for it NOT to be live. The whole recording is from the dress rehearsal the night before. Apparently Rodger broke his foot the night before OFF SET.. how unfortunate and honestly disappointing. So the cast would just sing live to us..no costume changes or choreography..it was such a w
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You