News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Drama Desk Streaming?

neil30043
#1Drama Desk Streaming?
Posted: 5/28/19 at 9:48am

Does anyone know if this year's DD Awards are being streamed live?  Thanks!

Broadway61004
#2Drama Desk Streaming?
Posted: 5/28/19 at 12:29pm

The past few years it's been streamed live by Theater Mania.  I don't see anything on their website about it yet, but I'd recommend checking back later in the week as they very well may stream it again.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#3Drama Desk Streaming?
Posted: 5/28/19 at 12:58pm

Broadway61004 said: "The past few years it's been streamed live by Theater Mania. I don't see anything on their website about it yet, but I'd recommend checking back later in the week as they very well may stream it again."

I am not sure that they will because they're no longer producing it. I think Broadway News is producing it this year so maybe they'll stream it?

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Broadway61004
#4Drama Desk Streaming?
Posted: 5/28/19 at 2:56pm

little_sally said: "Broadway61004 said: "The past few years it's been streamed live by Theater Mania. I don't see anything on their website about it yet, but I'd recommend checking back later in the week as they very well may stream it again."

I am not sure that they will because they're no longer producing it. I think Broadway News is producing it this year so maybe they'll stream it?
"

Ah, very true.  I just found this article that says Broadway Brands will stream them starting in 2020.  So not sure if that leaves a lot of hope for this year, unfortunately.

https://www.dramadeskawards.com/press-release

neil30043
#5Drama Desk Streaming?
Posted: 6/2/19 at 7:39am

It's a shame that after watching the Drama Desk Awards live for so many years (delay and all, right), we miss this year bc they are changing sponsors?  Get it together people.  Who can remember Laura Benanti's ad libs, and Kristen walking thru the audience?  Have to watch some old clip on YouTube tonight Drama Desk Streaming? .    

Videos