pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/14/19- Page 3

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/14/19

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#50Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/14/19
Posted: 7/17/19 at 3:30pm

I just think “who is Tootsie for?” What is their target audience?

I also think the creative team was all wrong. The show looks dated. The sets are basic and boring. Direction is basic and boring. The logo is basic and boring. They needed something interesting. But it’ll do well in regional theaters.

AADA81 Profile Photo
AADA81
#51Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/14/19
Posted: 7/17/19 at 3:40pm

RippedMan said: "I just think “who is Tootsie for?” What is their target audience?

I also think the creative team was all wrong. The show looks dated. The sets are basic and boring. Direction is basic and boring. The logo is basic and boring. They needed something interesting. But it’ll do well in regional theaters.
"

Maybe they thought people who love the movie were their target audience (guess not) and I agree with you about the creative team lacking, although I think the book has some strong points.

BritCrit
#52Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/14/19
Posted: 7/17/19 at 3:56pm

AADA81 said: "RippedMan said: "I just think “who is Tootsie for?” What is their target audience?

"

Maybe they thought people who love the movie were their target audience (guess not) and I agree with you about the creative team lacking, although I think the book has some strong points.
"

I think that one reason for choosing Santino Fontana may have been the assumption that he would bring in a younger fanbase. However, they probably overestimated the size and commitment of said fanbase. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend has a very different comedic style, and many fans of that show regard Fontana’s move to Tootsie as something of a  “backwards step” from modern and progressive comedy to old fashioned, problematic comedy...

Maybe Rachel Bloom should have been chosen to write the songs for Tootsie...