Ragtime at Signature in DC

GetUp&LiveIt
#1Ragtime at Signature in DC
Posted: 12/16/23 at 12:03pm

Maybe one of the best productions I’ve seen anywhere of anything. Teal Wicks, Nkrumah Gattling, Bobby Smith are all remarkable. Awa Sel Secka is the only Sarah I’ve ever seen that is worthy of stepping into Audra’s shoes. The orchestra is incredible and the direction is masterful. Signature knows what they are doing and what they achieve in that 300 seat theatre is nothing short of miraculous. https://youtu.be/Eeo9lbcy8Y0?si=LYIbAy6XlNLjFDqB

MsPiety&Rectitude
#2Ragtime at Signature in DC
Posted: 12/16/23 at 4:40pm

Totally agree. The cast was exceptional, the directing was moving and efficient, the orchestra was soaring. I've never fully loved Ragtime because it seems to often get bogged down in some less exciting/emotional scenes and storylines, but this production kept me engaged across the board. I think Ragtime only really works (for me) when every single cast member is giving an excellent performance (including the historical figures, who are often dull but in this production were very alive and interesting). Special shout out to Dani Stoller who plays Emma Goldman – I've never thought of this as an especially exciting role but she was riveting, intense and very fun to watch. Song/scenes like The Night that Goldman Spoke and He Wanted To Say were so electric and moving. Also shout out to Signature mainstay Maria Rizzo, who is as funny/specific/sharp as always as Evelyn.

TarHeelAlan
#3Ragtime at Signature in DC
Posted: 12/18/23 at 6:54am

Looks like they've released a handful of seats for many of the remaining shows. Some "partial view" far left orch and dress circle, as well as barstool seats in the dress circle. 

Videos