pixeltracker

Disney's CRUELLA and ENCHANTED becoming stage musicals?

Disney's CRUELLA and ENCHANTED becoming stage musicals?

KevinKlawitter
#1Disney's CRUELLA and ENCHANTED becoming stage musicals?
Posted: 4/3/24 at 11:56am

I just received a survey about what shows audiences would like to see come through the Hennepin Theatre Trust in Minneapolis, and aside from the existing tours, shows with tours presumably in the works, or shows seeking pre-Broadway tryouts (Redwood, The Queen of Versailles, Boop) a few other shows stood out.

One was Cruella, based on the 2021 Emma Stone movie. I can't remember having seen any announcements about this being in the works, and the survey doesn't have any further details regarding who is doing the score or book.

Another was Enchanted, which as a stage adaptation was probably inevitable but as far as I know hasn't yet had an official announcement(similar deal with The Greatest Showman, which was on this survey as well as previous ones)

Are these actually being made, or is Disney just scoping put potential market interest?

Zeppie2022
#2Disney's CRUELLA and ENCHANTED becoming stage musicals?
Posted: 4/3/24 at 3:53pm

Actually, I would expect them to do "Tangled" since they do basically a Broadway show of it if it on Disney Cruise line ship. 

KevinKlawitter
#3Disney's CRUELLA and ENCHANTED becoming stage musicals?
Posted: 4/3/24 at 4:44pm

Yeah, it does seem strange that Tangled wasn't among the potential shows listed in the survey.

djjd007
#4Disney's CRUELLA and ENCHANTED becoming stage musicals?
Posted: 4/3/24 at 8:55pm

These surveys don’t indicate development. Typically they are used for market research. A Cruella musical could be really interesting though. 

BwayLB
#5Disney's CRUELLA and ENCHANTED becoming stage musicals?
Posted: 4/3/24 at 11:02pm

^ First of all, that almost fooled me into thinking something was going to happen. Secondly it’s going to take more than those beautiful songs to get me to want to see Enchanted on stage

Chaz Hands
#6Disney's CRUELLA and ENCHANTED becoming stage musicals?
Posted: 4/3/24 at 11:08pm

djjd007 said: "These surveys don’t indicate development. Typically they are used for market research. ACruella musical could be really interesting though."

Well over 80% of the ones listed have either had a tryout or workshop sessions, so for most I think it does indicate development. There were only 4 or 5 out of the 44 that had no prior announcement.

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#7Disney's CRUELLA and ENCHANTED becoming stage musicals?
Posted: 4/4/24 at 7:34pm

If it helps, a stage version of TANGLED is already in development, as per a passing reference in this article that somebody on this board picked up on: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/actors-equity-votes-to-authorize-strike-1235822717/.

Latest Posts