Letters to Stars

Millie42 Profile Photo
Millie42
#0Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/13/04 at 11:49pm

I think I recall seeing that when you write to someone you put the address for the stage door. Is that right? Or just to the theatre itself?

If it does indeed go to the stage door, does anyone know where I can find the address for Roundabout?
thanks!

"My friends have made the story of my life." -Helen Keller

ChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
#1re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/14/04 at 5:07pm

I thought this was the right thread to put this under~~~~

Kristin Chenoweth wrote me back!!! She sent me a head shot with her signature. Awww now I want to meet her. I can't belive shes leaving WICKED already. I don't think anyone can replace her. Shes the best.

"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC
Updated On: 7/14/04 at 05:07 PM

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#2re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/14/04 at 5:09pm

hmm Christine Daae, maybe i should have wrote to her. I figured she probably has thousands of fan mail that she wouldnt respond. I wrote to idina a while ago and still havnt heard anything.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#3re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/14/04 at 5:09pm

well, ive written many many stars and most have written back--ive always written c/o stage door

for example:

Idina Menzel
c/o Gershwin Theatre Stage Door

it prob. doesnt matter just the mailboxes are right inside the stage door

ponine24601
#4re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/14/04 at 5:14pm

i wrote to kristin too. i got a signed pic of her in costume etc. from the show. i didn't send a SASE though. hm.. that girl is so generous!

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

wonderfultown
#5re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/14/04 at 5:15pm

I've written to most of the stars of the shows I've seen, and included a self-addresses stamped envelope as well as a photo, or a playbill.

I write to the theatre, and try to make it as easy as possible for them to reply- so far, they all have.

ChristineDaae
#6re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/14/04 at 5:15pm

Yeah I didn't send a SASE, I sent 2 stamps and she used them.

ponine24601
#7re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/14/04 at 5:23pm

i should do that! i've sent various letters and the only people who haven't replied are hunter foster,joel grey(but i can understand with him), j. mark mcvey, and kerry butler.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#8re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/14/04 at 5:52pm

Once you write your letter how long did it take for you to get a responce?

*Kristen*

chinkie azn jai
#9re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/14/04 at 5:59pm

Do you think if i sent a leter to kristin chenoweth now....and mail it tomorrow that it would reach the gershwin before she leaves?
EDIT- i figured it wouldnt work...that my letter wouldnt get there on time and i found Kristin's new address to send her mail:
Kristin Chenoweth
c/o Handprint Entertainment
1100 Glendon Ave. suite 1000
Los Angeles, CA 90024

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D
Updated On: 7/15/04 at 05:59 PM

wonderfultown
#10re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/14/04 at 6:13pm

Chenoweth answered within a month. Foster/Peters/Liotta/Molina/Stoltz within a few weeks.

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#11re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/14/04 at 7:02pm

yeah i wrote kristin twice and both times she wrote back really quickly...idina took a few months

ponine24601
#12re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/14/04 at 7:05pm

i got kristin's and all of mine within like 2 weeks.

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#13re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/14/04 at 7:26pm

Kind of a random question, but what exactly do you write to these actors? I loved you in the show? Your portrayal was great? I'm such a fan?

I've always been confused with the whole deal.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#14re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/14/04 at 7:49pm

I sent a package to a show that included letters to each of the principal cast members and some artwork of their characters. I sent it out right after the Tony Noms were announced. I haven't heard back from anyone yet. Should I stop waiting?

ponine24601
#15re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/14/04 at 8:07pm

definitely not! i still haven't given up any hope!

ChristineDaae
#16re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/15/04 at 12:21am

It took about a month for Kristin to write back. Did you guys send a SASE to Idina? What about Norbert- does he write back?
Has anyone written to Hugh Panaro from POTO? lol I wrote him last year and he never wrote back =-(

sweetiedarlinmia Profile Photo
sweetiedarlinmia
#17re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/15/04 at 12:53am

Has anyone tried to write Audra McDonald before and does she respond? I meant to write before Raisin closed but time got away from me.

Emutional Profile Photo
Emutional
#18re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/15/04 at 12:57am

I wrote to Bundy 2 weeks ago with a SASE, but i didn't write in a return address. She wrote in the return address, and it was the address of the stage door, not the theatre ( although i sent the letter itself to the theatre).

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#19re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/15/04 at 1:02am

I included a return address on the envelope but not any SASEs. Could that be the problem?

chinkie azn jai
#20re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/15/04 at 2:23am

I just have to ask this but, has anyone mailed anyone from BFO? I would love to write to stephanie block, beth fowler, isabel keating, and jarrod emick. I might write to hugh, but i have a feeling he wouldnt have time to respond or even read my letter. Anyone done this?

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#21re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/15/04 at 2:44am

Christine--Yeah, I included a SASE when I wrote Idina, she sent me back a personalized signed 8x10 of her in "The Wizard and I" and YES Norbert writes back, it took him like 5 months to write back to me though

ponine24601
#22re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/15/04 at 9:51am

oh! i have to send a SASE to Idina. i didn't before and i still haven't gotten anything back. off to write to the(well probably not right now, but soon to be)green girl!

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#23re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:54am

I usually just drop the letter off with the Door monitor at the Stage Door. They are really good at making sure it gets into the actor's hands (or mailbox).

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#24re: Letters to Stars
Posted: 7/15/04 at 12:22pm

I wrote to Kristin Chenoweth, too, and got a response within a month. I sent a Playbill and she signed it and sent it back to me. I love that woman.

Videos