Amour

adp22 Profile Photo
adp22
#0Amour
Posted: 9/5/04 at 6:58pm

Did anyone see this show in the short time it was on bway? What was wrong with it? What did you think of it?

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#1re: Amour
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:07pm

I didn't see it but I can't get through the cast recording without falling asleep. The music bores me so much.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

#2re: Amour
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:08pm

My friend raved about the show so I bought the cast recording and can only echo what little_sally said. It bored me to tears! Updated On: 9/5/04 at 07:08 PM

adp22 Profile Photo
adp22
#3re: Amour
Posted: 9/5/04 at 7:08pm

yeah, i'm listening to the recording for the first time right now and so far it's not great. seems like the kind of recording you have to listen to a bunch of times before really getting into it. (like marie christine)

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#4re: Amour
Posted: 9/11/04 at 2:35am

I love Michel Legrand's music.Do yourself a favour and watch the movie The Umbrella's of Cherbourg. My favourite movie musical by a long shot.

holden Profile Photo
holden
#5re: Amour
Posted: 9/11/04 at 4:16am

I saw AMOUR on Broadway. Actually, I was there at the first preview.

I don't think that there was anything "wrong" with it. The show was sweet and quite touching -- not big, loud or flashy, but quite tender and engaging. And the cast was spectacular.

I wish I had seen it more than once. And I think that many people -- particularly those who enjoy simple, engaging stories -- would have enjoyed it. Unfortunately, the show closed before it had a chance to catch on.

I suppose I should mention that, being at the first preview (and in the third row, no less), I was there when the show had to be stopped because part of the set fell. I was a bit jarred by that, but ultimately deeply impressed by the professionalism of everyone on stage, especially Malcolm Gets.

holden

Videos