DOGS- The Musical

Jeff
#0DOGS- The Musical
Posted: 10/19/03 at 4:43pm

I've been hearing Rumors from Certain people about a sequel to cats respectively called "Dogs" the war between the cats and the dogs, this to me sounds fun! And like it could work! has anyone else heard of this? Updated On: 10/19/03 at 04:43 PM

lensman55 Profile Photo
lensman55
#1re: DOGS- The Musical
Posted: 10/19/03 at 4:45pm

Y'know something. There's an animated film called "The Brave Little Toaster" about a group of appliances trying to find the little boy they consider their master. At a key moment, the appliances find themselves in a junkyard where all the cars have a song about how they got there, and I'm thinking; "Cars - the musical!"

Hey! It could work!

"Now and then life hits you on the back of the head with a sock full of wet porridge. How you handle that is up to you." - Tim Rice

newyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
#2re: re: DOGS- The Musical
Posted: 10/19/03 at 4:57pm

uhhh yeah......

DofB5
#3re: re: DOGS- The Musical
Posted: 10/19/03 at 5:03pm

Hummm seems to me that I had the idea of Dog-the Musical. A light hearted romp of a Dog and his beloved Tree next door.

D

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#4re: re: re: DOGS- The Musical
Posted: 10/19/03 at 7:40pm

Will the dogs pounce people in the audience like they did in CATS?

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

King Stevos
#5re: re: re: re: DOGS- The Musical
Posted: 10/19/03 at 8:17pm

Well I always wanted to write a spoof on Cats called Dogs....of course it would have no plot just, plain fun, and hopefully really bad costumes!!

STEVOS

"IF I TRY THERE MAY BE A CHANCE / WE COULD LOVE WITH OUR EYES CLOSED/ WITH OUR EYES CLOSED WE COULD CHANGE THE WORLD!"- Stephen Dwight

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#6re: re: re: re: re: DOGS- The Musical
Posted: 10/19/03 at 9:52pm

Garbage bag leotards and all?!?!

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

zoom
#7re: re: re: re: re: re: DOGS- The Musical
Posted: 10/19/03 at 10:31pm

Wow..another rumor!

Are you sure you're not connect to FosterChild? You know..the other guy who loves to start rumors?

#8re: re: re: re: re: re: re: DOGS- The Musical
Posted: 10/19/03 at 11:07pm

One of the animations shows from a few years back did a whole dogs and cats musical with take-offs on Les Miserables and Cats. I wish I could remember who did it. I want to say "Timy Toons" or that style of show... It was hysterical

newyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
#9re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: DOGS- The Musical
Posted: 10/19/03 at 11:09pm

I suppose it could work.

Jeff
#10re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: DOGS- The Musical
Posted: 10/20/03 at 12:57am

OF Course it would work its ingenious, notice i cant spell the genius part right..

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#11re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: DOGS- The Musical
Posted: 10/20/03 at 9:05am

There is already a musical called DAWGS! This thread had me drag out an old vinyl album that came out in 1983 about the time that CATS arrived in America. The music and lyrics are by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman (Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Over Here!). It premiered in Los Angeles September 1983. I don't think I ever played it much beyond the Overture which has the cast "barking" tunes. Hmmmm.

Look_Out_Broadway Profile Photo
Look_Out_Broadway
#12re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: DOGS- The Musical
Posted: 8/11/06 at 11:12pm

i honestly don't think it would work just because i don't think people can be dogs as good as cats and they're not as interesting to watch as cats so ya, but it would be intresting to see like a rough draft of it ya know???

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#13re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: DOGS- The Musical
Posted: 8/11/06 at 11:44pm

There was an Off-Broadway musical earlier this summer called TAILS: THE MUSICAL. It was adorable. I was so glad I caught it. Unfortunately, it didn't last very long. They were pushing it for family audiences, but everyone is so enthralled with Broadway and Disney that it just got lost in the shuffle.

http://www.tailsthemusical.com/

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

latheatrelover
#14re Dogs
Posted: 8/12/06 at 1:09am

There's a musical that's been in L.A. for a few years and is leaving this weekend to head to off-Broadway called "Bark". If you get a chance to see it, you might enjoy. It's a cute little musical with some nice heartwarm moments..

xluckystar2107x Profile Photo
xluckystar2107x
#15re Dogs
Posted: 8/12/06 at 8:22am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDSvUjlenk4

haha its been done. youd best watch that.

xluckystar2107x Profile Photo
xluckystar2107x
#16re Dogs
Posted: 8/12/06 at 8:23am

re Dogs

Carl Magnum Profile Photo
Carl Magnum
#17re Dogs
Posted: 8/12/06 at 9:49am

That was the funniest thing I have seen in awhile, thank you for sharing!

I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#18re Dogs
Posted: 8/12/06 at 11:18am

BoxOfficeJon -- what you are thinking of was on Animaniacs and it was called "Les Miser-animals". It was done during the "Rita and Runt" segment --which of course had Bernadette Peters as the voice of Rita the cat.

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

Videos