pixeltracker

How many of you New Yorkers (and newly New Yorkers)...

How many of you New Yorkers (and newly New Yorkers)...

bellalunatic Profile Photo
bellalunatic
#5re: How many of you New Yorkers (and newly New Yorkers)...
Posted: 1/13/05 at 9:16pm

hey be sure to tell your mom that she should be happy that you're not looking to go to school in DC...I did, and after growing up in NY...never had a problem in NY even in the Bronx...but was subjected to and saw lots of nasty violent stuff in DC...honestly NY is a great place...I think it's more maybe that your mom is worried that you don't give off that 'tough' urban vibe...but hey if you're an actor...I'm sure you can handle it...just pay attention to everyone around you...oh, and don't stare up at the big buildings! that's a total touristy give away...and even if you're lost...walk like you know where you're going...manhattan is a numbered grid it's pretty easy to deal with...just memorize below 14th!

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, you've watched me grow since I was small. What will I regret the most? The things I did or the things I don't? But I can't say, what I can barely face: my life is halfway through and I still haven't done what I'm here to do"
Updated On: 1/13/05 at 09:16 PM

seasons of love Profile Photo
seasons of love
#6re: How many of you New Yorkers (and newly New Yorkers)...
Posted: 1/13/05 at 9:20pm

I was born in NYC, and right now I live just outside of the city. (I"ll never forgive my parents...) Agreeing with luvtheEmcee, the city is not at all an unsafe place to be. It's probably my favorite place on earth. The chances of you getting mugged, or randomly raped/shot at are minimal. These things could happen anywhere. Just be alert and aware of your surroundings and you'll be fine. The city is full of so many amazing people, and there are a lot more nice people than mean maniacs. Think of it this way, if you are walking down a crowded New York street and someone starts to make you feel uncomfortable, there are so many people around to ask for help from. New Yorkers stick together; we're one big family! :) I am planning to return to the city for college, and hopefully have a career there. Hope that helped somewhat...

ps- where in the country do you live? :) :)

"I am unfinished- I am diminished With or without you..."

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#7re: How many of you New Yorkers (and newly New Yorkers)...
Posted: 1/13/05 at 9:22pm

I was watching "Law and Order" one night and the two detectives were called to the sight of a homicide. The location was the 8th Ave. subway stop at 23rd Street. I almost fell on the floor laughing. If I had a nickel for every time I've been on that platform I'd be a rich woman today. The funniest thing is that I haven't once, EVER, seen a murder or any other kind of crime there. The sad part is that anyone who HASN'T been there is going to see that show and think that people are getting knocked off right and left there and elsewhere. (It's a convenient location for L&O because it isn't that far from Chelsea Piers)

Your mom needs to understand that trouble can happen anywhere. You have to make her understand that you're aware of that fact and that you will never forget that you're in a big city full of all kinds of people - good and bad and that you'll always take proper care of yourself.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

Videos