pixeltracker

Les Misérables - A New "Spin" on the Costumes/Sets- Page 2

Les Misérables - A New "Spin" on the Costumes/Sets

lesmisforever Profile Photo
lesmisforever
#25re: Les Misérables - A New
Posted: 1/19/06 at 9:40pm

The production you are thinking of with the Ampitheater is the Hungarian production. I remember because I was agitated when they showed clips but played music from the CSR over it. re: Les Misérables - A New

"I have a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

BSoBW2
#26re: Les Misérables - A New
Posted: 1/19/06 at 9:42pm

Thank you!

(-Thenardier)

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#27re: Les Misérables - A New
Posted: 1/20/06 at 5:09am

Czech is pretty cool. Very strange but I like it. I want that CD! I have Evita in Czech and it was great. Che sounds like Antonia Banderas which is so cool.

Do they do that in all Czech productions where when the character gets older they have a different person playing it? Because I think they did that for Evita and Peron. Kinda strange.

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

??
#28re: Les Misérables - A New
Posted: 1/20/06 at 10:52am

This is probably really shallow but...

That Enjolras is the ugliest man I have ever seen.

Isn't Enjolras supposed to be handsome, it certainly says so in the book and most Enjolras have been good looking.

I think the character being played by different people is annoying. I can see what they are getting at, but it's weird having a Javert look like he's 15, then suddenly being 50. The broadway production aged characters quite well.

BSoBW2
#29re: Les Misérables - A New
Posted: 1/20/06 at 12:36pm

TLK - I am not sure if they normally do that.

I think that maybe they wanted to include all of the cast on the complete CD (they also have a "highlights" type CD).

Like...the Thenardier (in the pictures) is the one who sings MotH and Beggars at the Feast...maybe the attack...but a different one sing Dog Eats Dog (I think).

I think it was to include the cast...I dunno.

Looking at the pictures again - maybe they did use multiple people.
Stupid! Updated On: 1/20/06 at 12:36 PM

ThankstoPhantom
#30re: Les Misérables - A New
Posted: 1/20/06 at 12:38pm

I agree with you on the shifting actors thing. I prefer having the same all the way through, it's odd, especially when voices are different, in my opinion.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...