pixeltracker

Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...

Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#0Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 7:50pm

Has anyone else watched it? Let me tell you, Columbus's staging of the musical numbers will be open to criticism just as the staging for every other movie musical has been open to criticism. That's inevitable. But I think there's one thing about this obviously kind man that many people would agree on: He's cute. Don't pretend you haven't noticed it too. Seeing him and listening to him talk at the same time has cemented my feelings. I almost want to meet him more in person now than I do the cast.

EDIT: I wonder if any of the cast members -- especially the ones who aren't big on typing -- will now use the medium of film to record their blogs...
Updated On: 5/23/05 at 07:50 PM

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#1re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 7:55pm

My guess is that the blog page will be updated VERY infrequently...I can predict that it will be Julie and Anthony from time to time and that the page, for the most part, will be a failure. Too bad since it's very simple to maintain, especially if they want to honor and thank the dedicated fans. We'll see....

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#2re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 8:15pm

Well as of right now with filming still going on, it's pretty expected that blog updates won't be in the front of their minds. But maybe we'll see some updates after filming is over and the cast and crew has more free time. Who knows though. It would be a shame if that page was a failed attempt.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#3re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 8:24pm

Chris Columbus is not cute. he just oozes sex. there's a difference. so, yes, I've noticed... but I'd still need to turn the lights off to get dirty with him... Updated On: 5/23/05 at 08:24 PM

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#4re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 8:24pm

Yea, I'm sure that they are busy right now... and Anthony was the one originally writing under bww.com so he is pretty used to it. I'm sure that they are going to start writing after the film, especially for promotions purposes.

Anyway, I'm hoping, like everyone else... that the videos are going to also have the OBC/Actors in it too!
~kangaroo re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

525600minutesWicked Profile Photo
525600minutesWicked
#5re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 8:26pm

eww chris columbus cute?! lol what about Adam? I am so relived that they didnt put the pop stars in and the original cast is re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website... Cant wait to see Idina againn!! YAY Im sooo excited, and, Im seeing the play this weekend =) I LIVE FOR LA VIE BOHEME !!!

--No Day But Today -- RENT !!

525600minutesWicked Profile Photo
525600minutesWicked
#6re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 8:27pm

eww chris columbus cute?! lol what about Adam? I am so relived that they didnt put the pop stars in and the original cast is re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website... Cant wait to see Idina againn!! YAY Im sooo excited, and, Im seeing the play this weekend =) I LIVE FOR LA VIE BOHEME !!!

--No Day But Today -- RENT !!

Em-LEE
#7re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 8:31pm

You know, I have to say that when I heard Chris Columbus was going to be the director behind RENT I was a little worried. It seems now that he really was the right man for the job. He really seems to care about the integrity of the film and staying true to Jonathon Larson's vision. Also, the cast and Jonathon's family seem to have a lot of faith in him.

I think it was very cool and very nice of him to make a video entry for the website and to acknowldge the fans.

Dreamcatcher
#8re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 8:34pm

I think I'll settle with Chris Columbus is a good looking guy with endearing features.

Anyways, yeah just the thought of Justin Timberlake as Roger or Mark kind of scares the crap out of me. Not because they're pop stars but to me, his voice just couldn't be less right for that particular role. That and in my opinion, a big reason why this movie isn't making me so skeptical is because most of the OBC cast is returning and the Larson's involvement in the production. I think if it weren't for that, I'd have MUCH bigger doubts about this movie being any good. As for the posts, the company probably will prompt the actors to post on occasion for promotional purposes so yeah.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

EvelynNesbit1906
#9re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 8:35pm

"eww chris columbus cute?! lol what about Adam?"

LOL. What about him? I prefer Chris Columbus. As CATSNYrevival said, he oozes sex. I would not have to turn off the lights.

Dreamcatcher
#10re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 8:40pm

*raises hand* Hey, I'll vouche for Adam. Or at least til Emcee shows up. :-P If it weren't for the fact that they're both married with children, I'd have no reservations about saying that they are both very attractive men. re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#11re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 8:41pm

rotfl. We're comparing Columbus and Pascal now?!

In all seriousness, I'm gonna watch this when my laptop is finished having its "go away, I'm scanning for viruses!" temper tantrum. I'm excited.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

EvelynNesbit1906
#12re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 8:45pm

I would go for Chris Columbus first, then Jesse L. Martin. Married or not. I just think Columbus looks so sexy and shy on that video. Sweet dreams tonight indeed...

Dreamcatcher
#13re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 8:52pm

Yeah really, after this my dreams will sure be interesting tonight...although I find that after joining this forum and taking part in some of the more unusual discussions has given me a wide array of dreams from the entertaining to the just plain disturbing. :-P But seriously, Adam Pascal and Chris Columbus are two pretty hard men to compare.

luvtheEmcee
#14re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 9:26pm

I'd give Columbus the cuddly thing, I think. Oozes sex? Sorry, that's Adam's title. :-P

EvelynNesbit1906
#15re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 9:45pm

Well, if Adam would gain weight...

I think the sound of Columbus's voice alone is very sexy. Also that he's so sensitive -- reading posts about himself on the Internet and actually being deeply hurt by them. I'd like to console him. re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...

luvtheEmcee
#16re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 9:52pm

Poor guy looks like he's living on lettuce! Apparently he was asked to lose weight for the film, so hopefully he gains it back soon. He's been getting really thin for some time now. re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...

Columbus does seem like a sweet, sensitive guy, though. I give him that!

mollyllom Profile Photo
mollyllom
#17re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 9:53pm

he IS cute! in that endearing adorable give-him-a-hug way. reminds me of my dearest acting teacher =)

http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=13865158 please =D

Blue J
#18re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 10:00pm

He's such a cool (and cute!) guy! You've just got to love him. And I think it's awesome that he did a video update. Just shows how totally fantastic he is.

Dreamcatcher
#19re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 11:52pm

Yeah that's what I meant. Chris Columbus seems like a very cute guy in the "awwwww I want to give him a hug" sense.

Yeah Adam looked unbelievably skinny in those tiny black pants for the flashback scene. I remember thinking "damn! Under those plaid pants, that guys a scarecrow...who'd of thought." What happened to the toned, well built Adam I remember? *wimpers* In that pic he looks skinnier then Anthony who also had to lose weight for the movie didn't he? Not sure why since he's pretty tiny already but OK, my ramble is over.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#20re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/23/05 at 11:56pm

I was a bit shocked when I saw Anthony. I don't know how much weight he's actually lost but it looked almost unhealthy... then considering that the camera supposedly adds ten pounds... yikes... Updated On: 5/23/05 at 11:56 PM

luvtheEmcee
#21re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:00am

I'd venture to guess he's still got that KILLER toned-chest he had last summer - I mean, his upper body is still all broad and... gah. But his waist is virtually gone, ass almost non-existant (sad), etc. Maybe we'll see it in the moooooovie.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#22re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:03am

Idina oozes sex.

Em Em Em Em Em......that's the sing song voice used when one shakes one's head.

#23re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:05am

They asked adam to lose weight?! He is so skinny already.

luvtheEmcee
#24re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:08am

mhmmmmm. He's been dwindling away since he got Cabaret. Every time I saw him in the fall, I wanted to be like "honey. EAT!"

ETA - but it makes sense that he was asked to - he's got to look like someone who could be dying of AIDS, plain and simple. He's got to look like a junkie.

Updated On: 5/24/05 at 12:08 AM

Videos