Once on this Island

Gothampc
#25re: Once on this Island
Posted: 7/12/05 at 3:22pm

Did the show really lose its investment? It really was a small production for a musical (no big scenery, small cast, etc).

I enjoyed the show very much, but it did show up on TKTS regularly.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#26re: Once on this Island
Posted: 7/12/05 at 4:15pm

I love, love, love this show! (Who else thinks that Stephen Schwartz stole "One Short Day" for WICKED from ONCE ON THIS ISLAND's "One Small Girl"?) Unfortunately it did not run for very long and was up against some stiff competition not to mention 2 other shows that featured a black cast. However, the 2002 production is not a revival. It was a one night benefit concert with original cast members and Lilias White.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

Mrs. Rockstar Way Profile Photo
Mrs. Rockstar Way
#27re: Once on this Island
Posted: 7/12/05 at 4:28pm

Ahhh! I feel like the rookie here (which i...am) but this IS my first high school production i am in and I really love it. The music, the characters, and the story. i really love 'Part of us'

I will NOT grow up! You CANNOT make me!!! -Peter Pan ??

Hairspraydoll Profile Photo
Hairspraydoll
#28re: Once on this Island
Posted: 7/12/05 at 4:30pm

Mrs. Rockstar is my Mama Euralie and she's fabulous!

Be the change you want in the world....