News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WonderBoy

WonderBoy Profile Photo
Member Name: WonderBoy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.matthewjasonwillis.bravehost.com/
Blog Address:
Profile: My favourite colour is red. I spell a lot of things the way the British do. I am Italian, Spanish and Jewish, so I am very passionate, I talk with my hands and I have a lot of guilt! I am originally from the outer banks of NC. I have a Chihuahua named Chi~Chi Divine. I have the most amazing best friend in the world. I am a musical theatre nerd. I am a helpless and hopeless romantic. I am rather blunt and sarcastic. I don't say "I love you" easily. I am an open book yet there are so many things that I don't share with anyone. I'm an underwear junkie. My best physical feature is my eyes. I love to cook for people. I love riding around in my Jeep Wrangler with the top down and rockin' out to music with friends. I think Ben Folds is a fucking god. I love to perform on stage. I want to be the next Bob Fosse, Michael Bennett, Tommy Tune, Gower Champion. I don't really like talking about myself that much. I am a good listener. On rainy, dreary days I just want to curl up on the couch with a good book, hot tea and Rufus Wainwright playing in the background. I believe that music is the soundtrack to our lives. Shut up don't judge me!!!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lauren Kennedy stars in TELL ME ON A SUNDAY  Aug 18 2010, 02:53:01 PM
Check out the photo coverage of Lauren Kennedy in TELL ME ON A SUNDAY which opens tonight on BWW too!
For Florence Henderson Fans (no one else should read this!)  Feb 6 2010, 08:30:47 PM
What a great article! My mom actually coverd her in SOUTH PACIFIC. I would love to see Flo return to Broadway!
re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread  Jan 24 2010, 12:10:57 AM
Dear Broadway World,

I am not quite sure how I have missed this thread for so long but I would like to thank you for keeping me glued to my computer for the past 5 hours. All I can say is brilliant! It made me laugh, it made me laugh and cry and let's face it, it was better than any version of CATS displayed in this thread. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

with much love,

your Matty-J

re: 1776  Apr 20 2009, 02:14:58 PM
The talent that Papermill has assembled for their production is absolutely incredible! The cast is really superb, the orchestra was great and all of the technical aspects were very well done. As I stated before, 1776 is not one of my favourite musicals, I don't even really view it so much as a musical as a play with music. Most of the musical numbers don't further the plot in a driving way and because you are dealing with so many characters it is hard to really feel for most if not any of them.
re: 1776  Apr 19 2009, 12:13:57 PM
I am going to the opening tonight. I haven't seen the show since the revival in the late 90's. While not a favourite show of mine I am very excited to see this production! Really ah-mazing cast and it looks like a beautiful production as well. I will try and post my thoughts on it tomorrow.
re: any news on vanities?  Feb 23 2009, 03:13:44 PM
expect a press release any day now and get hyped because VANITIES is happening kids!

re: CARE Benefit on 2/9 with Kerry Butler, Lauren Kennedy, Erin Davie...and  Feb 9 2009, 02:06:25 PM
I shall be there as well. Very excited to hear some of these girls sing!
re: any news on vanities?  Jan 31 2009, 01:20:31 PM
Not over and done yet. Work is still happening on bringing it to Broadway but honestly it may be in the autumn and not in the spring before it surfaces.
re: Vanities Cancelled?  Dec 5 2008, 01:52:48 PM
Let's not forget that the creative team is still making adjustments to the script and score. It's new incarnation will be stronger from what was seen in Pasadena.
DRIFT  Nov 3 2008, 03:48:22 PM
Anyone going tonight? I am stoked to see it. I have heard nothing but fabulousness about it.
re: Lesser Known Shows That Need A Revival  Aug 29 2008, 10:07:12 PM
BALLROOM
I'd also love to see THE LIFE re-visited.

oh yeah... and my version of THE ROBBER BRIDEGROOM!

re: The Wild Party: Lippa vs LaChiusa  Aug 29 2008, 10:04:19 PM
While this has been discussed several times at length, I cannot help but respond... LaChiusa wins hands down. That show should have won several TONY awards, it was brilliant. While neither production was 100% faithful to Joseph Moncure March's poem, LaChuisa's version resonates along the lines of the piece so much better than Lippa's.
re: VANITIES to begin previews Feb 2  Aug 25 2008, 12:42:23 PM
He wrote it because he wanted it in there, a coda of sorts not because he was pressured into it by the producers. Also, I wouldn't call it a happily ever after ending either. I for one am very excited about this show!
Did anyone see VANITIES last night?  Aug 23 2008, 10:05:59 AM
I know it was the first preview and would love details!
re: What's your favorite show on broadway? (Choose only ONE show)  Aug 3 2008, 11:33:16 AM
AUGUST:OSAGE COUNTY
re: Charlotte's Last performance on August 10th  Jul 28 2008, 10:13:12 PM
Not the weakest link by far (*Mario Lopez*) but still not a good Cassie in my opinion.
re: 'Joseph...' Cast Recording  Jul 18 2008, 11:19:40 AM
The OBC. No one can top Laurie Beechman! I live for her "Letting out a mighty roar!"
re: The Rich Man's Frug Student done?  Jun 9 2008, 11:07:01 AM
I guess not bad for high school kids. It still kinda makes me cringe to see Fosse choreography executed poorly. However what bothers me more is that Ponytail Girl has no ponytail.
re: How did The Life (or anything else) lose out to Titanic?  Jun 5 2008, 12:08:55 PM
oh GOD don't even get me started on this!!!
re: Kline/LuPone Robber Bridegroom  May 27 2008, 11:20:38 AM
That is great info Michael Colby! I would love it if you had anymore you felt like sharing on this production!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You