pixeltracker

Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater

Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater

Jilani
#0Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater
Posted: 7/13/05 at 10:18pm

So I would have posted this on the Chicago board, but it looks like there isn't very much traffic there. I'm deciding between two blocks of seats for the Lion King at the Cadillac Palace theater. One block is G14 through G20 in the right orchestra section, and the other is L113 through L116 in the center orchestra. At first glance, I would think the G seats are better since they are somewhat closer (though less centered), but the L seats are considered "premium" seats and cost 50% more than the G seats. Can Chicago theater fans advise me as to whether the L seats are in fact better? I apologize in advance for the mundane nature of this post.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#1re: Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater
Posted: 7/13/05 at 10:21pm

I would go for the cheaper seats. The Cadillac Palace has amazing sightlines, so almost every seat is a good one.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#2re: Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater
Posted: 7/13/05 at 10:25pm

I'm not Chicago based but I saw ASU there.. I was actually in the area of the L seats when I saw it.. a littel futher back but the same # area.. and to tell you the truth if I where you I think I'd go for the ones on the side for the less money.. becasue I didn't feel that the center ones there the best.. They wheren't bad but I don't think I would pay %50 more for them when you can get the ones on the side for regular price be and be a bit closer.. I think you'll all be able to see just fine form them.. Thats just my poor college student point of view.. I think they would be good over on the side and I wasn't all that impressed by the center seats.. It felt a lot futher away then sitting in row L of a bway show does.. cuz the pit is differnt and the stage seemed higher I guess.. sorry, hope that helps..

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

theatreboi11
#3re: Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater
Posted: 7/13/05 at 10:53pm

I just saw the Lion King this past weekend and my advice is the farther back the better! It was wonderful where we sat evernthough they wouldn't be considered the best seats. We were off stage right, first row of the upper balcony and they were just amazing seats. I couldnt imagine sitting super close for a show like Lion King. There is way to much to take in that is absolutly amazing (like the opening). Have fun at the show!

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."

Jilani
#4re: Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater
Posted: 7/13/05 at 11:31pm

Thanks for the advice everyone! I really appreciate it.

brdlwyr
#5re: Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater
Posted: 7/13/05 at 11:38pm

I agree with CAJ - cheaper is better, you will still have excellent seats. Do you want travel suggestions?

Jilani
#6re: Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater
Posted: 7/13/05 at 11:44pm

Sure, any suggestions are welcome! We'll be there for three nights (arriving on a Thursday night and leaving the following Sunday evening), and so far, the only things planned for sure are Wicked on Friday night and Lion King on Saturday night.

brdlwyr
#7re: Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater
Posted: 7/13/05 at 11:46pm

Are you staying in the city or suburbs?

Jilani
#8re: Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater
Posted: 7/13/05 at 11:54pm

We're staying in the city, just a few blocks from the Ford Center and near Millennium Park.

brdlwyr
#9re: Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater
Posted: 7/14/05 at 12:01am

Well, obviously see Millenium Park, The Art Insitute, Marshall Field's on State Street, stroll Michigan Avenue, Navy Pier. Take one of the boat rides on the Chicago River, Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum.

Have lunch at the Billy Goat below Michigan Ave, and have Chicago pizza.

shines
#10re: Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater
Posted: 7/14/05 at 12:08am

Full Monty is playing there, I saw it when I went a few weeks ago. It was increadible. One of the best casts I have ever seen and it was just regional.

brdlwyr
#11re: Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater
Posted: 7/14/05 at 12:13am

The Fully Monty has closed and was at the new Drury Lane Water Tower. Tony Disantis is in his 90's and has opened another venue to employ local union actors. He is a grumpy man, but a friend of all Chicago Theatre.

Jilani
#12re: Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater
Posted: 7/14/05 at 12:21am

Thanks for the sightseeing tips. I can't wait to check out the sights!

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#13re: Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater
Posted: 7/14/05 at 12:38am

hope you have a great time!

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

brdlwyr
#14re: Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater
Posted: 7/14/05 at 12:50am

I love Chicago, I wish I lived here!

ChrisHerz Profile Photo
ChrisHerz
#15re: Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater
Posted: 7/20/05 at 8:59pm

Chicago does rock, indeed re: Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater

The city is beautiful, the theatres are awesome, and the community of actors and the support they have for each other is just amazing... you can smell it in the air. Kinda. Updated On: 7/20/05 at 08:59 PM

Videos