mwjr16
#0Shoshana Bean!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 4:03pm

What is she up too now?

Broadwayluva Profile Photo
Broadwayluva
#1re: Shoshana Bean!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 4:45pm

probably resting her voice, or at least that's what i'd be doing!

TheOneAndOnly
#2re: Shoshana Bean!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 4:55pm

Uhm, no I don't think so ze emcee. She's laying low right now but soon she'll be travelling between Atlanta, LA, and NYC for recording sessions. Considering the strains that Wicked (like many other starring roles) put her through, she was in remarkable shape at the end of her year+ run. ALthough she was battling strained vocal chords over her last week, she still sounded stellar, and to those not 'in the know', did not even sound the least bit under the weather or subpar. That is more than can be said for someone else who had the role.

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#3re: Shoshana Bean!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 4:58pm

she sounded more amazing at the end than at the beginning

::bust a move::

TheOneAndOnly
#4re: Shoshana Bean!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 5:10pm

I must agree, Zepka...if anything, the daily vocal workout of Wicked strengthened her voice and made it more colorful and free-flowing than before.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#5re: Shoshana Bean!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 5:46pm

she is eating a bean.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

PJ
#6re: Shoshana Bean!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 6:18pm

Shoshana has an excellent technique. Her voice is in fine shape.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#7re: Shoshana Bean!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 6:35pm

Unlike Idina, her voice stayed strong.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

HBG Profile Photo
HBG
#8re: Shoshana Bean!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 6:35pm

zepka, I completely agree...she sounded better at the end than at the beginning. And her last show, with strained vocal cords...phenomenal! Even sick she sounds better than most singers, at least in my opinion.

"Free from what, Tracy? Free from what?"

edenespinosalover Profile Photo
edenespinosalover
#9re: Shoshana Bean!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 6:59pm

I just auditioned for CCM, and one of the faculty said that she left "Wicked" because she was recording an album with some big record company.

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
#10re: Shoshana Bean!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 7:05pm

Actually, unless she's gotten a new deal in the very recent past, she's on an independant (small) label, not with "some big record company".

XOsweet_dancerOX Profile Photo
XOsweet_dancerOX
#11re: Shoshana Bean!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 7:11pm

she is working on a musical called PIECE. There is a synopsis here and they have samples of a few songs.
http://www.piecethemusical.com/frames.html

Kristin Chenoweth could barely control a Great Dane she trotted onto the stage. "Great, they gave me a dog that weighs five times what I do", she quipped. For the record, she weighs 93 pounds, and has a Maltese.

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#12re: Shoshana Bean!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 7:23pm

She's not working on that show. She simply recorded some of the demos. She's publicly said that she's taking a break from musical theatre, and that it would take a really great role for her to come back. She's focusing on her recording career.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

DefyingPopular
#13re: Shoshana Bean!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 7:26pm

Just to clear some things up - Her voice is fine now, she was just fatigued and suffered from strained chords. She's planning on working on her album and she's signed to Brian Mcknight's label 'Fortress of Solitude'.

thibodeaux Profile Photo
thibodeaux
#14re: Shoshana Bean!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 11:33pm

the video they did on BWW.com, her voice was HOT.

she is great. i love her.

she has incredible control.

idina's voice sounds like booty now (see "rent" the movie)

but sho? eGREAT!

whatever and ever amen - ben folds five

krytak
#15re: Shoshana Bean!
Posted: 3/2/06 at 6:25am

Doesn't matter. CCM is getting ready to launch another "wicked" voice this year, and we all know who it'll be!

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#16re: Shoshana Bean!
Posted: 3/2/06 at 8:52am

Not to run to Idina's defense, but I thought she sounded great in SWIWS.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

neomystyk29 Profile Photo
neomystyk29
#17re: Shoshana Bean!
Posted: 3/2/06 at 10:43am

Jerseygirl I completely agree. Idina sounded great on SWIWS. The best she's ever sounded I think. I personally also enjoyed her work in the RENT movie. But to each his own.

I like the work of both women though. Not their biggest fan but I can certainly appreciate them both.

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#18shakalaka sho
Posted: 3/2/06 at 10:49am

a great sho thread!

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#19m. night SHOmalan
Posted: 3/2/06 at 12:17pm

I like both women vocally. I don't like the faces Shoshana makes, but her voice is outstanding.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!