pixeltracker

US producer accused of sexual harassment- Page 2

US producer accused of sexual harassment

camthom Profile Photo
camthom
#25re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/22/06 at 9:05am

Okay, so VERY little of the lawsuit has anything to do with sexual harrassment in the first place...it's just the most salacious part. On top of that, the actors in the production are not the ones suing Ms. Harris for sexual harrassment, it's her co-producers. NONE of the actors filed any kind of complaint.

The only complaint the actors filed was with Equity, regarding the behavior of the OTHER producers, who were often seen drunk backstage encouraging actors to not speak with Ms. Harris (during the show).

The actors left the production because their contracts were up. They are all TV/Film names with lots of other work heading their way. Do we really think they would extend in a show that A)got mixed reviews at best or B)pays them 1/10th of what they could be making in Film/TV?

And as far as the sexual harrassment part of the suit goes...if the best they have is a truth-or-dare game, they'd better look elsewhere. It's not as if Ms. Harris threatened the actors into playing. These are adults engaging in a game which is usually intended to cross lines of normal physical comfort you would have with someone.

And Reidel's statement "DELIGHT in other people's misfortunes is part of the genetic makeup of most theater people," is a travesty and could not be further from the truth. I, for one, am thrilled when a fellow theatre professional does well for themself and saddened when they make poor decisions or find themselves in bad situations. I've had a few moments when someone who behaves poorly ends up becoming the subject of my criticism, but I always believe and hope that things will change (even for those I dislike).

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#26re: US producer accused of sexual harassment
Posted: 2/22/06 at 10:54am

i also have my doubts about this whole thing and reidel fanning the flames as his usual Schauden-frau just makes me that much mmore skeptical. he is usually representing some producer when he goes after someone.

Mind is Mantra.