Broadway Podcasts

boxers7 Profile Photo
boxers7
#0Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 3/13/06 at 4:01pm

So, thanks to the recent Rent Podcast thread I have been introduced to these strange things. Can someone tell me a little bit more about them? What happens when I subscribe to one? Are there any other theatre related podcasts out there? Thanks!

"I don't wanna see that!" -Aunt Sassy (as played by Valerie Cherish) on Room & Bored

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#1re: Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 3/13/06 at 5:07pm

I'm also pretty clueless on the topic, BUMP!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

My Strongest Suit Profile Photo
My Strongest Suit
#2re: Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 3/13/06 at 5:22pm

I am subscribed to the American Theatre Wing: Downstage Center. It's good. They interview different actors and other people behind the scenes on Broadway. It's great. Among their past guests are: Michael Ball, Sutton Foster, Lea Salonga, Audra McDonald, Tim Curry, and Victoria Clark.

LET OTHERS RISE TO TAKE OUR PLACE UNTIL THE EARTH IS FREE!

keatonbynumbers Profile Photo
keatonbynumbers
#3re: Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 3/13/06 at 5:39pm

Yeah, I'm also subscribed to American Theatre Wing; I think their interviews are really fantastic. I'm also subscribed to Green Room Radio but I never listen to it, so I can't tell you how good it is.

YessicaB
#4re: Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 3/13/06 at 5:43pm

Does it cost anything to subscribe to these?

Imchristine4real Profile Photo
Imchristine4real
#5re: Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 3/13/06 at 5:45pm

Green room radio is pretty funny sometimes. And sometimes, he needs to quit laughing at himself. FYI, the latest episode won't download for me. Maybe its my computer.

American Theatre Wing is VERY informative and interesting.

I would recommand both.

EDIT: VERY rarely will they cost anything to subscribe to. Almost all podcasts are free.

As someone told me lately: "Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"... He's there, the Phantom of the Opera!... I dreamed a dream in time gone bye... This is the moment! My final test!... PS. Couldn't choose just one :-)
Updated On: 3/13/06 at 05:45 PM

Shoshana's Future Ex Profile Photo
Shoshana's Future Ex
#6re: Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 3/13/06 at 6:18pm

RENT HAS A PODCAST!

colleen_lee
#7re: Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 3/13/06 at 6:21pm

Please. Make it go away.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

TheaterAddict7652
#8re: Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 3/13/06 at 6:21pm

I am addicted to Jeff Blumenkrantz's podcast. His music is great and he has wonderful Broadway stars sing them.

There's a lot I am not certain of...

boxers7 Profile Photo
boxers7
#9re: Broadway Podcasts
Posted: 3/13/06 at 8:43pm

Where is his located? I feel as though I've heard Seth Rudetsky has one. Anyone?

"I don't wanna see that!" -Aunt Sassy (as played by Valerie Cherish) on Room & Bored

Videos