pixeltracker

Most Underated musical(s)- Page 2

Most Underated musical(s)

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#25re: Most Underated musical(s)
Posted: 4/3/06 at 12:38pm

It just seems to me that some people, especially those my age, don't look on those musicals very fondly.

Mainly beause they haven't bothered to learn about them.

To be fair, sometimes they see terrible amatuer stagings that make the shows seem boring. Poor pacing can destroy even a great musical and when a commuity group undertakes KISS ME KATE but has to stop every 5 minutes for secenery changes it quickly zaps a show of all its energy.

Still, theatre fans -IF they are true theatre fans and not WICKED-worshippers - owe it to themselves to discover Broadway's rich heritage.

There is a reason shows like OKLAHOMA!, BRIGADOON, WONDERFUL TOWN, PAJAMA GAME,MUSIC MAN etc keep getting revived: It is because theey were good solid shows to begin with.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#26re: Most Underated musical(s)
Posted: 4/3/06 at 12:40pm

Henry Sweet Henry!

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

MasonBB
#27re: Most Underated musical(s)
Posted: 4/3/06 at 12:59pm

Urban Cowboy was great. I loved it. My date love it. I told my friends. They all love it. Cannot figure out why it so totally flopped.

Dracula was great too.